• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

LV426

Thank you.

The Barnstormer is heavy but comfortably so now as it is well broken in. I love wearing it and Horween's CXL FQHH is some of the prettiest leather IMHO.

Shoes are actually Mil-Tec Sturm ones but I've fiddled around and "antiqued" them with polishes and whatnot.
Yes , I got an old usn 740 n Schott and feel the same , I think . Not the same type of leather , your's must be much more comfy. Mine is heavy coat , always "hard" but comfortably, I feel " safe" in it ! About the Mil Tec I had a pair but too large , so like you did I antiqued them and sold on Vinted . There are not bad for the price , once antiqued they got a good look ( as yours in the pic )
20230829_144924.jpg
20230829_145008.jpg

CK90

My wear-it-out-in-the-rain wearer jacket is a Ralph Edwards 'C'. With the 'C's you don't have to worry about the blackened zipper and mine has the rib-racked waistband. Looks great on you!
Out of interest Zu, why would/wouldn't you have to worry about the blackened zipper?

Micawber

Next up on the VLJ catwalk that has no end is Mr Micawber who is from England, seen her wearing one of Mr Chapman’s hand crafted RW 27752’s.
Mr Micawber enjoys spending time perambulating his country estate and examining the interior decor in the local public houses through the bottom of a pint glass. His wish is to stop cruelty to bricks and hopes for world peace.

IMG_4240.jpeg

Pa12

Next up on the VLJ catwalk that has no end is Mr Micawber who is from England, seen her wearing one of Mr Chapman’s hand crafted RW 27752’s.
Mr Micawber enjoys spending time perambulating his country estate and examining the interior decor in the local public houses through the bottom of a pint glass. His wish is to stop cruelty to bricks and hopes for world peace.

View attachment 163519
And a dashing squire at that. You need a nice pipe to finish the ensemble Steve.

flyincowboy

View attachment 163519
Mr Micaber seems a nice bloke and I would love to share a good pint of brown beer with him. (and having his nice jacket as a gift ) lol

B-Man2

View attachment 163519
Looking like a British aristocrat Steve :)

Micawber

And a dashing squire at that. You need a nice pipe to finish the ensemble Steve.

My dad took up pipe smoking after he quit cigarettes and eventually built up quite a collection of pipes and would send off for weird tobacco's which he would then hand blend adding all kinds of stuff. When he passed the pipes in his rack invariably made me feel a bit sad so I passed all but one onto someone who appreciated them. I've always been a bit chesty so have never smoked, especially after mum made me smoke a whole fag after I asked her as a kid what they were like - the experience discouraged me for life! I have been know to take a little snuff once in a while with Sir Walter Scott's Port O' Lieth and Anson's Imperial being favourite. These are hand produced by Sir Johnny Scott who used to appear with Clarrisa Dickson Wright on tv here

A taster.. complete with Defender... They both sound terribly terribly plummy but were pretty down to earth and a good laugh IRL.

Pa12

My dad took up pipe smoking after he quit cigarettes and eventually built up quite a collection of pipes and would send off for weird tobacco's which he would then hand blend adding all kinds of stuff. When he passed the pipes in his rack invariably made me feel a bit sad so I passed all but one onto someone who appreciated them. I've always been a bit chesty so have never smoked, especially after mum made me smoke a whole fag after I asked her as a kid what they were like - the experience discouraged me for life! I have been know to take a little snuff once in a while with Sir Walter Scott's Port O' Lieth and Anson's Imperial being favourite. These are hand produced by Sir Johnny Scott who used to appear with Clarrisa Dickson Wright on tv here

A taster.. complete with Defender... They both sound terribly terribly plummy but were pretty down to earth and a good laugh IRL.

My dad was the same, though I wasn’t around when he smoked cigs. Many memories of him banging his pipe on the ashtray beside his chair. I tried for a couple years until I inhaled by mistake. Went straight out and bought a pack of fags.