• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

D97x7

Five star Dubow
IMG_20241027_104906_copy_3168x4224.jpg

Spitfireace

Thanks! The denim is just a cheap pair of Bronson Lot 602 1969 selvedge jeans. They were less than $60 with a 10% off code and are worth every penny. Boots are Ralph Lauren roughouts. Photo was taken up in the mountains in Santa Fe, NM. I snapped a few shots this evening when driving down to pick up kids from their grandmother's place east of ABQ. Not much in the way of trees and foliage like up in Santa Fe, but beautiful nonetheless. It's been raining nearly non-stop over the last few days, so I haven't taken as many photos of the scenery as I would have liked.

View attachment 162783

View attachment 162785

View attachment 162787

View attachment 162789
I feel thirsty for some reason.

B-Man2

Autumn is back and it's almost too cold to really enjoy an A-2, unless you layer and wait for the afternoon sun.. Not stopping me from enjoying my Old Real Mccoy No-name W535-AC-27753 (Cable Raincoat).
Took a chance on it last year and couldn't be happier with the fit/cut, details and leather character.

View attachment 163641
Very nice Dany .
Just a suggestion but you can get a lot more wear out if your A2’s if you layer a lightweight fleece vest under them .
I use a cheap one that I got from Target for $13.00 US . It does the trick and I can wear my A2’s when I go up North in 30F weather.
Here’s one I use from Target . It’s a cheapo but 5 Star has a nice one for $99.00
IMG_4525.jpeg
IMG_4528.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg

Pa12

Autumn is back and it's almost too cold to really enjoy an A-2, unless you layer and wait for the afternoon sun.. Not stopping me from enjoying my Old Real Mccoy No-name W535-AC-27753 (Cable Raincoat).
Took a chance on it last year and couldn't be happier with the fit/cut, details and leather character.

View attachment 163641

D
Lookin good Danny. Probably too cold to ride today?

Dany McDonald

The 5 Star one

Made from High Quality Cotton twill fabric Olive Green color Fabric Warm Fur lining Vintage Repro Talon Zipper Two Front Pocket

Burt funny you posted this, as I've been looking at a nice japanese alpaca/cotton repro vest, USMC or USAAF (?) I am never sure who made them and for who.
Its 10 degrees celsius here and only going down... A-2's have been slowly sharing wear time with nylon B-15 and cotton B-10 and USN N-1 since the last week or so.
Soon it will be snow time anyways.

B-Man2

Burt funny you posted this, as I've been looking at a nice japanese alpaca/cotton repro vest, USMC or USAAF (?) I am never sure who made them and for who.
Its 10 degrees celsius here and only going down... A-2's have been slowly sharing wear time with nylon B-15 and cotton B-10 and USN N-1 since the last week or so.
Soon it will be snow time anyways.
Well consider that you could pick up one of these 5 stars for cheap money and have one of the guys stencil USMC or USAAF on it .

Dany McDonald

Well consider that you could pick up one of these 5 stars for cheap money and have one of the guys stencil USMC or USAAF on it .

I am unhappy with the design for now, as they added pockets, originals were pretty basic and naked.

Stencil... I was a printer for a small part of my life and then worked as a workshop assistant in a fabric printing school...;)

Spitfireace

I am unhappy with the design for now, as they added pockets, originals were pretty basic and naked.

Stencil... I was a printer for a small part of my life and then worked as a workshop assistant in a fabric printing school...;)
Cool, I used to be an engraver. Used to use machines to engrave laminate signs, nametags, also used to engrave jewellery. Sometimes 20,000 dollar Rolex watches.

Spitfireace

Hermes Engravograph machine. Now that I think of it again, it wouldn't be a bad thing to buy. Get into engraving again. I just never thought there would be that much money by trying to start your own business.