• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some of the 4th FG and a lot of A-2s

Smithy

Thirded!

And also can the moderators please change the title to:

Some of the 4th FG and a lot of their A-2s

My original title has obviously caused an enormous amount of confusion and distress which was never the intention.

Now maybe we can get back to some photos of the 4th in their A-2s...

Smithy

Dude of the Day...

Millie Millikan of 336:

media-18911.jpeg

And Burt you'll be pleased to know Millie survived the war ;)

Officer Dibley

Apologies, i too didn't check the pics i posted were 4fg or not in my enthusiasm to share jacket pics.
Please delete mine and i'll post them on my own thread. Shan't be the least offended !
Sadly the "Stockholm Syndrome" is only for kidnappings and not hijackings....

Smithy

Apologies, i too didn't check the pics i posted were 4fg or not in my enthusiasm to share jacket pics.
Please delete mine and i'll post them on my own thread. Shan't be the least offended !
Sadly the "Stockholm Syndrome" is only for kidnappings and not hijackings....

No drama Officer Dibley, leave them up. Ken didn't need to delete his Clark Gable A-2 pics either. I was merely trying to say that the thread was supposed to have a focus on the 4th FG and photos of them in A-2s, well that was my intention for the thread. All threads drift a bit but hopefully the main focus here can be those wonderful guys of the 4th in their A-2s.

Officer Dibley

Cheers mucker.
I did a number of courses at Depden back in the 1980's whilst a Sapper and often go past on my motorcycle on one of my rideout routes.

Smithy

They might be, although the ELC-s are white, not tan.

They look like they could be, hopefully someone like Carl will see this and confirm either way.

BTW the postie just dropped something off which I'll post in the book thread ;)

Smithy

Dude of the Day...

I think we've had him before but he was such an important member of the 4th and its Headquarters Squadron and it also happens to be a great image.

James A. Clark Jr:

media-13443.jpeg

His former membership of the RAF (he was in 71 Eagle Sqn) is seem with his British Mk. III goggles which he was issued during that time and which he continued to use upon his transfer to the USAAF.