• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some of the 4th FG and a lot of A-2s

Smithy

That Brakeman of yours looked superb in the photos Ian although as you say the arms are a tad long. Once you take the sleeves in, it will be spot on.

Smithy

Dude of the Day...

Now I might be wrong but I don't think we've had Johnny Godfrey which is a travesty.

So here he is, A-2 and all with one of his "Reggie's Reply".

media-13754.jpeg

Ken at Aero Leather

Original or not Ken, probably not the right thread for Gable's A-2 as he never was a member of the 4th FG.

Appologies if this thread is exclusive to the 4FG, however I see James Stewart gets a few mentions and he flew a B-17, loads of others not 4th FG get some page space too

Get the pics moved by all means

Smithy

The reason why I started it was for photos of members of the 4th FG wearing A-2s. Obviously like all threads it drifts off occasionally but the primary focus is the 4th as it says in the title.

Smithy

Ken, why are you trying to be an arse in my photo thread? As I said I started it for photos of the 4th FG in A-2s.

There's nothing to stop you starting your own thread about film stars in A-2s or Clark Gable so why don't you do that or are you just trying to cause trouble?

Ken at Aero Leather

Smithy for god sake get a grip on your paranoia where I'm concerned, as far as I was aware I was adding pics of interest to the thread with the title Some of the 4th FG AND a lot of A-2s (Two seperate subjects) 4thFG & (pics of) A-2s .......unlinked to each other
The title doesn't make it clear that the thread was exclusive to the 4thFG, I had quick look at a few pages and saw all sorts of posts, even Japanese Repros, if I'd realised the intention of the thread I'd never had posted in it.
It seems the "truce" we agreed is proving harder for you than it is for me

Last edited:

Smithy

Ken, I started a thread for 4th FG members wearing A-2s - sorry the title wasn't as precise as you required to understand that.

As I have done with others (like Dmitry a couple of days ago with Chuck) I mentioned to you that perhaps this wasn't the best thread for Gable's A-2, there was nothing malicious in that nor was I trying to be obnoxious. I was just trying to remind you of the intended focus of this thread in case you'd missed it. Then you start arguing semantics about the title of my thread.

Can't you please start your own thread about what interests you and let this one be about the 4th FG in A-2s. If it makes you feel better maybe the mods can change the title and insert a "their" in there so that this sort of misunderstanding which has obviously confounded you can be avoided.

Roughwear

It seemed pretty clear to me when reading the title of the thread that the A2s were those worn by members of the 4th FG. If was just about Wartime A-2s in general there would be no point including the 4th FG in the title.