• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

CK90

Little break from a nice bike ride, cool enough for a Platon Dubow 27798, Viberg 310 boots....

View attachment 156115
Danny, dude... you're killing me. As if the Triumph wasn't enough, add the Dubow, then add the Viberg's on top of that... spectacular stuff my man. You're inspiring a disabled man here to keep on fighting, that one day he might sit atop his Speedmaster in a photograph just like this. Hero.

mulceber

A cool, rainy morning today, so out comes the GW Monarch:
IMG_2102.jpeg

Jennison

Jan, you've got the jackets, the pants the shoes, the whole deal. Why not go with a nice pair of 1930s/40s rimless eyeglasses? IMHO, they'd look great with those duds. You can find them all over eBay for relatively cheap $ too. Obviously, you'd replace the lenses.

Attachments

• rimless.jpg
    rimless.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 58

mulceber

Jan, you've got the jackets, the pants the shoes, the whole deal. Why not go with a nice pair of 1930s/40s rimless eyeglasses? IMHO, they'd look great with those duds. You can find them all over eBay for relatively cheap $ too. Obviously, you'd replace the lenses.
Might be worth exploring - I like the idea, but my glasses need pretty long temples, so I'm not sure how likely I'd be to find vintage ones that would fit.

coolhandluke

Might be worth exploring - I like the idea, but my glasses need pretty long temples, so I'm not sure how likely I'd be to find vintage ones that would fit.

I'll bet your head wasn't quite as large before the Horween Monarch and RW...just saying. ;)

On a more serious note, I ran across the Japanese brand in the link below at my eye doctor last week. They have some interesting vintage themed titanium frames that seemed to be very high quality.

Jennison

I have the very same issue. In fact, with modern frames I always have to bend the temples almost straight. This is actually one of the great things about vintage frames. If you haven’t looked into vintage frames on eBay, you’ll be amazed at the sheer number offered for sale. You’ll find the correct size, especially with the common cable-temples of the time which can be bent extra-long. One thing to note is that while there are gougers on eBay (who want to sell you a pair for almost $200) you’ll easily find a pair for $20-$80, most being south of 50 bucks.
My very favorite are the 1930’s style rimless with the wire-thin temples and pad-less nose bridge—the most comfortable I’ve ever worn. They’re my dailies and I regularly get compliments and questions on them. They look old, but not at all weird or out of place, and with rimless you can choose any shape lenses you prefer. I paid $28 shipped.

Here’s a perfect example like mine on eBay:

Attachments

• IMG_6313.jpeg
    IMG_6313.jpeg
    420.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6312.jpeg
    IMG_6312.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6311.jpeg
    IMG_6311.jpeg
    607.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited: