• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Thomas Koehle

I am not a dressmaker but UPHOLSTERER and done alot of stitching using double sided tape like a lot people working with ,leather fabrics and vynil. They do even teach that trick @school in saddlery /upholstery courses as well as using stapples! Its not big deal just time saving. You can have the perfect jacket doing hand stitching.tanning the leather the traditional way and assembling the panels !!! by the way just done these 2 customs leather seats before vacation COWHIDE VEGETAL TANNING and double sided tape was used while assembling the panels.seats are for a jaguar xj car.View attachment 154491

Piece of art!

I know especially car-upholstery is not just a matter of creativity and craftmanship but also of muscle and stamina to deal with the relatively thick leather to get it in shape and on the seatframe ...

back in the days when i was still working at PORSCHE they did their upholstery still on their own (meanwhlie outsourced) and it was always interesting to watch the gals 'n guys doing their job - and it was always good to have a friend in the department to cover your steering wheel with leather 'n stuff

Nickb123

My little shrine, GW Fried Ostermann :)
IMG_0964.jpeg

Jennison

Since reading a recent post on a Avirex, Cockpit jacket upgrade I got curious and looked thru some old photos, Anyway here is my first A2 jacket back in 1987, the cows really thought I was cool, lol.
Still have the Avirex? That looks like a good candidate for a makeover. If you do have it, send it down to Steve Sellers and have some fun! It’s a great learning experience and you’ll end up with a decent A-2.

Micawber

Steve, you came down with Covid?

It’s seriously going around now. Please be well.

Yes, unfortunately so Nick. After 4 years dodging it both She Who Must Be Obeyed and I succumbed a couple of weeks ago possibly care of the guys who fitted new workshop & garage doors here about a week prior. I know Covid is generally not looked upon as unusual now but as you know I'm immune compromised due to illness and chemo so not a good idea to get it. I was quickly prescribed antivirals which ended last weekend but it seems I am experiencing the joys of a Covid 'rebound' - boo hoo. My wife is still pretty poorly with it too. According to the docs there is currently a big spike in cases over here with some presenting with symptoms akin to meningitis.

Stay safe.

Micawber

@Micawber
I loved the photo and was distracted from the text. Hope you recover quickly!

Thanks for the good wishes. Mowing the grass over the past few days was definitely a mistake and earned me a severe ear bashing from SWMBO and the offspring, therefore I have spent today reclining on the chaise lounge while being fed grapes by nubile young ladies...

...or maybe I just have a bit of a fever :D;)