• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Silver Surfer

wife had a dose a few weeks ago, while she is on cancer meds. id I had it, I was just to busy seeing to her, to notice. yeah, I'm fine, and she has gotten the covid all clear. though this go round is milder than previous go rounds, its spreads like wild fire. go easy Steve, we want to keep ya around for a while longer. and, see to she who must be obeyed......hmmmmm...I thought that I was the only mut that used that expression.

CK90

Yes, unfortunately so Nick. After 4 years dodging it both She Who Must Be Obeyed and I succumbed a couple of weeks ago possibly care of the guys who fitted new workshop & garage doors here about a week prior. I know Covid is generally not looked upon as unusual now but as you know I'm immune compromised due to illness and chemo so not a good idea to get it. I was quickly prescribed antivirals which ended last weekend but it seems I am experiencing the joys of a Covid 'rebound' - boo hoo. My wife is still pretty poorly with it too. According to the docs there is currently a big spike in cases over here with some presenting with symptoms akin to meningitis.

Stay safe.
Swift recovery Steve, no doubt you’re being spoiled and taken care of at home. Rest up!

PickerWilly

IMG_7169.jpeg

Dreaming of cooler times here in Northwest Arkansas! Really looking forward to fall weather sometime in September and breaking out my collection of Eastmans. We get four very distinct seasons here but man the summer is certainly not A-2 weather. Here’s one of my Eastmans from sometime in March in historic Rogers, Arkansas.

CK90

View attachment 156003
Dreaming of cooler times here in Northwest Arkansas! Really looking forward to fall weather sometime in September and breaking out my collection of Eastmans. We get four very distinct seasons here but man the summer is certainly not A-2 weather. Here’s one of my Eastmans from sometime in March in historic Rogers, Arkansas.
Epic jacket, awesome backdrop dude!

Nickb123

Yes, unfortunately so Nick. After 4 years dodging it both She Who Must Be Obeyed and I succumbed a couple of weeks ago possibly care of the guys who fitted new workshop & garage doors here about a week prior. I know Covid is generally not looked upon as unusual now but as you know I'm immune compromised due to illness and chemo so not a good idea to get it. I was quickly prescribed antivirals which ended last weekend but it seems I am experiencing the joys of a Covid 'rebound' - boo hoo. My wife is still pretty poorly with it too. According to the docs there is currently a big spike in cases over here with some presenting with symptoms akin to meningitis.

Stay safe.
Get well soon. It’s going around like I haven’t seen before. Just got over it myself - it was worse than the first time I had it.

CK90

No leather but still some early stuff:

early pattern A2 deck jacket with the triangular pocket flap typically for the first production runs

previously owned by a crew member of the USN sub POMODON - it’s my third submarine-crew A2 jacket and my 2nd “early pattern”

View attachment 156083
I gotta say it man, your photos always come with a vibe, I love it!

Cracking A-2 jacket.

Last edited:

ZuZu

No leather but still some early stuff:

early pattern A2 deck jacket with the triangular pocket flap typically for the first production runs

previously owned by a crew member of the USN sub POMODON - it’s my third submarine-crew A2 jacket and my 2nd “early pattern”

View attachment 156083
You're pulling it off quite well- BUT- to me these jackets were not and won't ever be "cool". Always the vintage store disappointment. The historical period they come from has no panache IMO.

But you look great as usual!