• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

B-Man2

Wearing Palladium’s today
IMG_3785.jpeg
IMG_3786.jpeg
IMG_3788.jpeg

tempusfugit

Palladiums are very comfortable, but no support like B-Man says. There is no shank inside the very light sole. They are basically canvas sneakers that happen to look a little like boots. Great for the summer.

LV426

Hello ! Today is also palladium I received yesterday from a second hand site . Special 75th anniversary edition "Légion Etrangère" . 55euros ( normal price as I know is about 100 Euros , but very difficult to find now ) , new in box . If interested , the guy have a good stock size from 40 Eu / 7.5 US to 47 Eu / 13 US. I don't know if LeBoncoin is international , ask the seller if interseted . You'll have to message the seller to get a pair.
20240725_092710.jpg
20240725_092909.jpg

mulceber

These just arrived a little over a week ago. John Lofgren M-43 Service boots.
IMG_2034.jpeg

IMG_2031.jpeg

IMG_2032.jpeg

JL changed their sizing recently, so I’d say they’re now roughly in line with Red Wings’ Iron Rangers’ sizing. I probably could have ordered a half size smaller, but that just means I wear extra thick socks, which makes them about as comfy as sneakers.

Last edited:

Jennison

Those look great! I’ve got a pair and love them. You actually did the right thing by sizing them the way you did. I was advised to go up half a size even though they felt a tad large. They’re hot in the summer and uninsulated for the cold. Wearing them in the summer will swell your feet a bit. If wearing them in the winter, you’re exactly right about thicker socks. The only complaint I have is that they come with farby laces. I recommend grabbing a pair of original issue russet service boot laces on eBay for $5.

blackrat2

Nice Jan and you swapped the laces over?
I have to say I find my roughouts pretty comfy with no additional padding added

Recently went to wear my Palladium’s and the laces snapped, not worn em for more than a year so dropped an email to see if they sell spares and the lady was really kind to wonder down to the factory to get me some spares ( they don’t sell spares for info )

blackrat2

Sorry close up and see they not done
They are easy to get on eBay Jan, just snagged some in the UK for spares , to much to import anything now

Jennison

For the price JL charges for boots (they’re worth it), you’d think they’d at least come with WWII service shoe laces. 1943 and 44 batches are falling from the trees!

Dany McDonald

Viberg 310 with around 3 weeks of usage, mostly motorcycle rides and slow breaking in time. The quality and savoir faire invested in these boots by the artisans at Viberg is amazing. I needed to rotate my very old RW Iron rangers and spotted the 310 range and knew that I wanted a pair. Fitting a pair of 310 was particular but the girls at Viberg were mega helpful and patient.

Went for a dark brown wooly chromexcel shade and from what I can see, they will age beautifully.

Viberg_310_7300.jpg

D

CK90

Viberg 310 with around 3 weeks of usage, mostly motorcycle rides and slow breaking in time. The quality and savoir faire invested in these boots by the artisans at Viberg is amazing. I needed to rotate my very old RW Iron rangers and spotted the 310 range and knew that I wanted a pair. Fitting a pair of 310 was particular but the girls at Viberg were mega helpful and patient.

Went for a dark brown wooly chromexcel shade and from what I can see, they will age beautifully.

View attachment 155907

D
Absolute beauties, Dany. Viberg are masters, have my eye on the 2040 in this dark wooly chromexcel!