• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Jennison

Maybe kinda pointy but, I dunno.

They look like nice leather, It can be very hard ordering shoes not being able to try them on, same with clothes and everything too.

I never noticed these style of boots until you pointed them out, they look similar to me, like the US shearling boots but without the uppers.

Gonna keep my eyes out for a pair of these in size.
You’re 100% correct. I was looking at those shoes on my phone. I found another pair on my computer. Avirex bombed on those as with their jackets. They look like Western boots with those pointed toes and canted heels. They also have those wrap around straps which you don’t want. I found a pair of those on Ebay with clear photos (below). Nope, no way. The ones you want are like those Allen Edmond boots: outside tongue, normal shoe-boot shape, with a simple strap across the front only, and a front-side buckle (zippers are ok as long as the other details are there). Can’t lose sight of the fact that we’re talking 1940s regulation wear (look at the pair on the right in the Roblee ad above and imagine them as ankle-high instead).

Totally wrong:

Last edited:

Shanghai-Mayne

IMG_3138.jpeg

Pa12

You’re 100% correct. I was looking at those shoes on my phone. I found another pair on my computer. Avirex bombed on those as with their jackets. They look like Western boots with those pointed toes and canted heels. They also have those wrap around straps which you don’t want. I found a pair of those on Ebay with clear photos (below). Nope, no way. The ones you want are like those Allen Edmond boots: outside tongue, normal shoe-boot shape, with a simple strap across the front only, and a front-side buckle (zippers are ok as long as the other details are there). Can’t lose sight of the fact that we’re talking 1940s regulation wear (look at the pair on the right in the Roblee ad above and imagine them as ankle-high instead).

Totally wrong:

Hmmm. Those ones look a bit “prancy “. Maybe if your a flamenco dancer;)

Jennison

Nice Chucks! Are those newly made or did you luck out and find a pair from Converse’s reissue in the mid-80s? Your all-black pair looks just like the pilot’s in that photo above.

I think I’ll have to follow your lead with a pair of two-tones if they’re out in the wild somewhere.

Awesome!

Jennison

2003 Converse reissue, exactly the ticket. Check out that wonderful label. Now to find them without going broke...

It's interesting to note that in 1939 the Govt. selected Converse All-Stars as the official athletic shoe of the US Armed Forces. These were used for both PT and sports.

Attachments

• chucks.jpg
    chucks.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 48

Jennison

FWiW, In my opinion, Thorogood makes the best versions of the moc toe. The best looking out there. The soles are tougher than Red Wings and wear longer.

I love my Wolverine 1,000 mile boots; the design and build of the shoe hasn’t changed since 1912. For summer, I like the original WWII style British Chukkas. Not the crepe sole stuff, the real deal with leather soles and heels. Or Dainite type soles. (I call them “summer roughouts”) These are Thursday Boots. I love the looks and they’re really comfortable; we’ll see how they wear.

Attachments

• IMG_6114.jpeg
    IMG_6114.jpeg
    669.9 KB · Views: 28

B-Man2

2003 Converse reissue, exactly the ticket. Check out that wonderful label. Now to find them without going broke...

It's interesting to note that in 1939 the Govt. selected Converse All-Stars as the official athletic shoe of the US Armed Forces. These were used for both PT and sports.
Here ya go!
Originals but at an eye watering price !

Jennison

Holy smoke. You wear a dime off each sole with every step. You can get Chinese Army kicks, unissued, for 30 bucks or less on EBay. They look acceptably similar.

Jennison

Here’s more of a sneaker style. Check out the price on these. Looks like you’ll need to look hard to find something larger than a 10.5. Just type in “Chinese Army Boots”

Shanghai-Mayne

recommend this type, if you can find them on greed bay.
It is genuine military issue , no fake at all, and it’s made with fire resistant fabric.

IMG_3354.jpeg