• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

LV426

@LV426 your collectiuon is simply impressive!
Addiction !!! Like a majority of members and you on this forum about the leather jackets !! And , the fact I almost want some original stuff push me to buy all pairs in double : 2 pairs of OG Jump boots , type 2 and so on , just to keep them in best state I can the longest I can . So wear each of them just one day / week . ;) . Well I do that with clothes too but buying cheaper , like Bronson MFG that is my 1st choice ( cheap but quality )

tjoenn

LV426

They are Ralph Lauren, Burt wrote about them here: https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/welcome-to-“the-bargain-basement”.25320/

Just scroll down a bit...
ok ! I found on the net . "Polo" combat boots . These are great , I love the cord soles , only used for USMC boondockers style and the Last too. Usually it was the Munson Last used to shape the other WW1 and WW2 combat boots the Polo are pretty much USMC boondockers Last . Beautiful ! Bravo to Burt ! ;)
I found these ones on EBay , a variation with toe cap and eyelets hum , don't know the word to name them . Raw cord soles too and same Last as the boondockers Polo . Only size 9 as I see : https://www.ebay.com/itm/2659635234...deca94d7b:g:HqQAAOSw4f5jXvrT&var=565817536981
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Last edited:

LV426

ok ! I found on the net . "Polo" combat boots . These are great , I love the cord soles , only used for USMC boondockers style and the Last too. Usually it was the Munson Last used to shape the other WW1 and WW2 combat boots the Polo are pretty much USMC boondockers Last . Beautiful ! Bravo to Burt ! ;)
I found these ones on EBay , a variation with toe cap and eyelets hum , don't know the word to name them . Raw cord soles too and same Last as the boondockers Polo . Only size 9 as I see : https://www.ebay.com/itm/2659635234...deca94d7b:g:HqQAAOSw4f5jXvrT&var=565817536981View attachment 153489View attachment 153491View attachment 153493View attachment 153495
To be clear , I will not buy them , not my size . And i'm not the seller .

LV426

Hi everyone , I found these beautifull Buzz Rickson's repro service shoes type 2 . size 9.5 E . iId buy them immediately if they were size 10... The seller is in France , so for Eu , no import taxes !!! that a PLUS

Thomas Koehle

I found these ones on EBay , a variation with toe cap and eyelets hum , don't know the word to name them . Raw cord soles too and same Last as the boondockers Polo . Only size 9 as I see : https://www.ebay.com/itm/2659635234...deca94d7b:g:HqQAAOSw4f5jXvrT&var=565817536981View attachment 153489View attachment 153491View attachment 153493View attachment 153495

@LV426 check these:

you need to search for "Ralph Lauren Army Boots" and a whole page pops up ...

Pd4SB4e.jpg

JwajQFJ.jpg

MikeyB-17

I just nabbed a pair of these-Palladium Palla Ace sneakers. They were on sale, pretty much all sizes sold out, except twelve. I thought I was out of luck, until I read that you should order a size bigger than your normal. I’m an 11. Seem pretty good so far, first day wearing them out of the house. I’m not fond of the standard Palladium’s, but I really liked the look of these. Makes a change from Vans.
IMG_4454.jpeg
IMG_4455.jpeg

LV426

I just nabbed a pair of these-Palladium Palla Ace sneakers. They were on sale, pretty much all sizes sold out, except twelve. I thought I was out of luck, until I read that you should order a size bigger than your normal. I’m an 11. Seem pretty good so far, first day wearing them out of the house. I’m not fond of the standard Palladium’s, but I really liked the look of these. Makes a change from Vans.View attachment 153731View attachment 153729
Cool , great looking ! I would like to know a little more about Paladium , are they comfy ??? I'd like to buy the special issue Pallabrousse Legion . I love the style and history behind . Do the Palladium are comfy like Vans ? wich I find them comfortable to wear.

LV426

@LV426 check these:

you need to search for "Ralph Lauren Army Boots" and a whole page pops up ...

Pd4SB4e.jpg

JwajQFJ.jpg
Thankyou for the link Thomas !!!! I did not know that RL did so much about service shoes ! I will check if something please me ;) . At that time I'm waiting for At The Front futur repros . I'm curious to see what the new issues will look and about the price !

MikeyB-17

Cool , great looking ! I would like to know a little more about Paladium , are they comfy ??? I'd like to buy the special issue Pallabrousse Legion . I love the style and history behind . Do the Palladium are comfy like Vans ? wich I find them comfortable to wear.
Seem pretty good so far. Like all canvas basketball style boots, they aren’t as padded as modern trainers, boots and the like, but the build quality is far better than something like Converse. I’ve been wearing them all day and they’ve been fine.

LV426

Seem pretty good so far. Like all canvas basketball style boots, they aren’t as padded as modern trainers, boots and the like, but the build quality is far better than something like Converse. I’ve been wearing them all day and they’ve been fine.
Thank you ! I'll give them a try . Converse are ... well , I never understood the sucess of Converse ! Except they were looking cool on The Ramones .

Jennison

I like to wear monk strap boots with my A-2s, just like General Savage (Robert Lansing) in the Twelve O’Clock High TV series. These were actually very common private purchase Air Corps officer’s kicks and they look awesome with an A-2 and jeans (or pretty much any style of pants).

Attachments

• IMG_6077.jpeg
    IMG_6077.jpeg
    764.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6061.jpeg
    IMG_6061.jpeg
    341.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6073.jpeg
    IMG_6073.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 883
Last edited: