• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ambitious A-2 Project

A

Anonymous

Cool indeed,
Careful, the under side of the collar should be 2 pieces. Maybe I am wrong but I see one piece in the photo.

BTW, the pattern looks very RW, where did you get it?

dmar836

Thanks guys. Platon, the underside of the collar was already sewn together as were the redone epaulets. This is a RW. I'm referencing my original 27752.
Dave

A

Anonymous

a similar photo exists in one Lightning book showing Real McCoys jackets.
did you disassemble your 27752?

dmar836

No. I leave that to the pros! That pic is of the parts for the one I'm making. The hide is awesome IMO.
I had to be strategic about not getting it too grainy from the start!

Dave

Falcon_52

I never realized that the sleeves were cut like that with curved seams. You learn something new everyday!

Looking good so far on your project, Dave.

Noel

Smithy

Best of luck Dave. I am always amazed by guys who have taken up the task of making their own A-2, I literally wouldn't have a clue where to start.

With the makers around here you've got some good people to ask for advice.

All the very best with it and I really look forward to following your progress!

Tim

dmar836

I had to stop here today for sake of hardware. Really went too far already but was having great fun. Any more and I cross over from convenient snap placement to no fun. I have two sizes of line 16 and some line 20 snaps coming. Compromises - but look who its for!