• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

coolhandluke

If it’s been up there for 6 months you can pretty much make a reasonable offer and it will be yours

My offer was in-line with used ELC A-1's that I've seen sell in the last couple years. The jacket in question is unworn though, so the seller may not be willing to take that big of hit.

Jackdaw

Looks a little trim on you but not bad . I’d wear it for a while and give it a chance to stretch out a little . Try wearing a hoodie with it even though it will be tight. Just give it a chance to stretch out without forcing anything . You might just be happy with what you have .
I'll give it a shot! Also planning on losing a bit of telework weight, so that should help too. I've been crossing my arms a lot to try and loosen the shoulders up, as that's the tightest part of the jacket right now. Any suggestions on jacket patterns with more space in the shoulders?

B-Man2

My offer was in-line with used ELC A-1's that I've seen sell in the last couple years. The jacket in question is unworn though, so the seller may not be willing to take that big of hit.
Then
if it’s unworn then you’re right he may not accept offers . Did you have him send you the measurements ? That might tell you if it would fit or not , then you could weight whether to spend the extra money for a new jacket that fits or look for something else .

B-Man2

I'll give it a shot! Also planning on losing a bit of telework weight, so that should help too. I've been crossing my arms a lot to try and loosen the shoulders up, as that's the tightest part of the jacket right now. Any suggestions on jacket patterns with more space in the shoulders?
Rough wears always seem to fit me nicely thru the shoulders but we each have our personal preferences. Have you thought of going up a size ? The important thing in this hobby is to know your personal measurement's. This way when a jacket comes up for sale you can compare yours to the jackets and get a pretty accurate assessment of if the jacket is going to fit you.
What size do you wear ?

Jackdaw

Rough wears always seem to fit me nicely thru the shoulders but we each have our personal preferences. Have you thought of going up a size ? The important thing in this hobby is to know your personal measurement's. This way when a jacket comes up for sale you can compare yours to the jackets and get a pretty accurate assessment of if the jacket is going to fit you.
What size do you wear ?
So this was a 46 from AVI, I probably should have ordered a 48. I have a 42.5" chest and don't know my shoulder measurement currently. I initially emailed Morten about an exchange, but I had worn the jacket enough to put creases in the arms and I decided to keep it.

mulceber

So this was a 46 from AVI, I probably should have ordered a 48. I have a 42.5" chest and don't know my shoulder measurement currently. I initially emailed Morten about an exchange, but I had worn the jacket enough to put creases in the arms and I decided to keep it.
Weird, with a 42.5” chest, a 46 should be a nice relaxed fit. Could you measure the jacket?

B-Man2

I had an AVI A2 and found that their 46s ran tight and small . I ordered a 48 and it fit more like a 46. I’m like you as I run right in between a 46 and 48. That’s why it’s so important to know your measurements and compare them to the jackets before you buy it . Believe me it will save you a ton of money and reselling tight jackets

Jackdaw

I had an AVI A2 and found that their 46s ran tight and small . I ordered a 48 and it fit more like a 46. I’m like you as I run right in between a 46 and 48. That’s why it’s so important to know your measurements and compare them to the jackets before you buy it . Believe me it will save you a ton of money and reselling tight jackets
Definitely going to be more careful with my next purchase. Thanks!