• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

mulceber

Hot and balmy weather here, so Bronson M-421A, newly returned with a patch by @ties70: VS-6, which sank two carriers at Midway:
IMG_1812.jpeg

coolhandluke

Not really "wearing" since the heat index was supposedly as high as 124° F in parts of the state today. Was able to muster up a fit pic of the newly aquired LW Foster G1 that was found at a militaria show this morning. Just couldn't bring myself to zip it up in this heat. This won't be worn. It's nearly mint and I don’t feel comfortable wearing it in public with the insignia. I'm still happy to have added it to the collection though.

20240629_194051.jpg

Last edited:

mulceber

Not really "wearing" since the heat index was supposedly as high as 124° F in parts of the state today. Was able to muster up a fit pic of the newly aquired LW Foster G1 that was found at a militaria show this morning. Just couldn't bring myself to zip it up in this heat. This won't be worn, but I'm still happy to have added it to the collection.

View attachment 152503
IMHO, you should wear that one - albeit, maybe when the mercury drops!

Where did you purchase the blackened Talon zip Jan? Did you stitch the patch on the jacket yourself? It looks fantastic.
The blackened Talon was one I had lying around. It seemed more authentic to the originals, although it probably should be a regular nickel Talon zip. Stitching was done at a local tailor. Doing it myself would definitely not be in my skill set. ;)

Silver Surfer

Not really "wearing" since the heat index was supposedly as high as 124° F in parts of the state today. Was able to muster up a fit pic of the newly aquired LW Foster G1 that was found at a militaria show this morning. Just couldn't bring myself to zip it up in this heat. This won't be worn. It's nearly mint and I don’t feel comfortable wearing it in public with the insignia. I'm still happy to have added it to the collection though.

View attachment 152513
watta knock out!