• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting Back To Our Roots .. USN 1966? Irvin B Foster Sportswear Size 48.

B-Man2

Lazy day here and not much happening, so I thought that it’s been a while since a “Getting Back” post was made, so here’s one for everyone’s review.
It’s a 1966 ( I think ) Irvin B. Foster Sportswear in a size 48.
IMG_3635.jpeg

The jacket is in very nice condition and the goat hide is the older thinner type. The collar is original Mouton that has faded to a nice rust color. The pockets corners are angle cut and the pocket flaps are cut straight across with no scalloping .
IMG_3640.jpeg

IMG_3637.jpeg
IMG_3636.jpeg

The knits are rib rack chocolate colored and upon close inspection look to be original to the jacket . The zipper is a paper clip style Conmar that is also original .
IMG_3639.jpeg

The wind flap has the perforated “USN” which it is horizontal as opposed to vertically perforated and is facing to the right as you wear the jacket .
IMG_3642.jpeg

The vents on the back of the jacket remain partially open as the elastic retention straps under the back liner have long since lost much of their elasticity.
IMG_3644.jpeg

I hope that you guys enjoyed this brief review. Also keep in mind that this jacket from the Viet Nam war era is now 58 years old. While they are still available, I would advise anyone interested in one of these vintage jackets to find a way to acquire one as the prices for them are going up constantly and they are being bought up and put into collections, and will not come out for years.
Ok .. that’s it for now .
Cheers

Last edited: