• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

It's funny how this hobby goes. I've started to spend time in my russet BK RW23380 and it's a fascinating comparison with my GW russet RW23380 but until a couple of months ago it had very little wear time. just went for the GW every time. "Go figure"
Rule “9 “
“9. Ive come to realize that over the years, I’ve spent thousands of dollars and owned several Original A2’s, GWs , ELCs , Aeros, along with many other jackets, but when it came down to wearing them, I always picked one or two favorites and all of the rest were wasted money “;)

CK90

Rule “9 “
“9. Ive come to realize that over the years, I’ve spent thousands of dollars and owned several Original A2’s, GWs , ELCs , Aeros, along with many other jackets, but when it came down to wearing them, I always picked one or two favorites and all of the rest were wasted money “;)
That’s great wisdom Burt, as someone starting their collection I’m very much keeping this in mind.

I now know the contracts I like, the jackets I’d like in my collection and I’m going to take my time. JC isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and I don’t need or want a museum of jackets. That said, there are a good number on my wish list!

Griffon_301

quite hot here but for a day in the office and meetings with flight ops guys I needed to wear some sort of flight jacket anyhow :D

20240711_162134.jpg

Lord Flashheart

Rule “9 “
I wouldn't say "wasted" Burt because I've learnt quite a bit along the way but certainly the "education fees" have been noticeable !

Lord Flashheart

I chose my words carefully Jan, it was an act of provocation on my part. If you knew the number of jackets on my list… I’ll be my very own museum keeper too eventually.
.... and that's before time passes and you change your mind about this or that contract and decide to change the list.

There may only be one type A-2 and one Drawing No. 30-1415 but it doesn't end there ...;)