• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your next jacket?

Skyranger

Bought today on Ebay, from Budapest. I've been dreaming about it for a long time, it will go perfectly with the bike in cold weather...

abhs.jpg

Micawber

Finally ordered a B-10 from Fivestar, to replace my ageing (and not so warm) Aero. Dang I hope I didn't mess up the dimensions! :p
Has anyone reviewed a 5* B-10? Been after a replacement for my increasingly ratty ELC B-10 but have held back ordering something that may take a couple of years to materialise. Of course if anyone knows of a size 46 ELC B-10 up for grabs...?

Cocker

Has anyone reviewed a 5* B-10? Been after a replacement for my increasingly ratty ELC B-10 but have held back ordering something that may take a couple of years to materialise. Of course if anyone knows of a size 46 ELC B-10 up for grabs...?
Not sure if there is a full review in here, but there's a couple pictures. The ones in this thread plus what @ties70 , amongst others, told me about it, made my mind up to give it a go.

bfd70

433 pages worth

Readers digest version

The first 100 or so pages are pretty favorable and then a drastic turn towards unfavorable. Most common complaints are leather quality and patterning. However, it is suggested that their military patterns are what they do best. This is 99% in regards to leather offerings and not b-10 15 etc

Cocker

433 pages worth

Readers digest version

The first 100 or so pages are pretty favorable and then a drastic turn towards unfavorable. Most common complaints are leather quality and patterning. However, it is suggested that their military patterns are what they do best. This is 99% in regards to leather offerings and not b-10 15 etc

Yeah, that's the general consensus, military patterns, generally speaking, are good because they copied them from originals. The rest is kinda hit or miss, with too large armholes being one of the main critique for the vintage civilian jackets.

To my understanding, one of the biggest issue also is that Shawn is saying yes to pretty much anything, so people are asking him to do pretty much anything, lots of custom jackets, lots of intricate designs... I think each maker has its own strength and weakness, and seller should also be able to sort out through this and not expect miracles to be performed. Same regarding leather quality, you can't expect Aero or Eastman quality at 1/4th of the price.

That being said, I think Shawn's indeed pretty good at copying patterns. IIRC, @mulceber had one vintage woman's jacket sent to him for Natalie that he copied quite nicely.