• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your next jacket?

Brettafett

Yes, cracker of a jacket, mine still smells new.
GW BRONCO 1761 42 4.png

Skyranger

I'm not keeping the B-10 BR I bought previously, I don't like its size or its material: I don't feel like I'm wearing military clothing. I'll see if I can replace it with a Red Tornado or a 5stars, in short, not something that comes up to my belly button!
Otherwise, I received today a very nice piece that I've been hoping for a long time: a first-model French Navy deck jacket, almost identical to the N-1. 50s/60s, alpaca, perfect condition and...my size!

qocu.jpg

wpdy.jpg

efd9.jpg

Sideslip

I will received in few days from Japan: BR 14502 Superior togs size 44.

I've read almost everything here about the B-10s, and concluded that it's the best option for my rather large size, not to mention the excellent quality of the brand.

I wanted a B-10 because even if it's not leather it's a perfect winter jacket at the end of WW2 for fighter pilots and easy to use with my motorbikes.

The jacket will be patched with 64 fighter squadron patch that I specially asked at Vinted to make for me.
This unit served on P-40s at the Battle of El-Alamein and then on P-47s and was based in France (Corsica) for the Italian campaign.

cghe.jpg

The patch made for me:
8ob0.jpg

WW2 picture with the B-10 with the patch:

z2sf.jpeg

Sorry for the mistakes, I'm French and it's complicated for me to make messages without using the translator...
Nice, why the 64th?

Shanghai-Mayne

I'm not keeping the B-10 BR I bought previously, I don't like its size or its material: I don't feel like I'm wearing military clothing. I'll see if I can replace it with a Red Tornado or a 5stars, in short, not something that comes up to my belly button!
Otherwise, I received today a very nice piece that I've been hoping for a long time: a first-model French Navy deck jacket, almost identical to the N-1. 50s/60s, alpaca, perfect condition and...my size!

qocu.jpg

wpdy.jpg

efd9.jpg

Red Tornado’s B10, is jungle cloth outshell , it’s a copy of old Buzz Rickson’s product. Even their size chart is Japanese system.

IMG_7064.jpeg

Skyranger

Are you sure? on Ebay from 2 different sellers I have a size chart that looks more like US sizes.
(My BR B-10 2XL/44 is: shoulder 52cm/Lenght 65cm)

s0nc.jpg

Shanghai-Mayne

Are you sure? on Ebay from 2 different sellers I have a size chart that looks more like US sizes.
(My BR B-10 2XL/44 is: shoulder 52cm/Lenght 65cm)

s0nc.jpg

Yes, size 38 ,chest measurement 106 cm , it’s Japanese system, normal but not slim.
plus , outshell fabric is not history accurate.

mulceber

So this one was a bit of an odyssey. I've been thinking about L-2s for a while now. I think the AF blue of the L-2A is really cool, and I'd been interested to try a regular old L-2, since that seems to be what Yeager is wearing in this photo:
Yeager 2.jpg

(I identified it as an L-2, not L-2A or L-2B because the photo was taken before the L-2A existed. JC came to the same conclusion because the oxygen mask tab appears to be made of leather, not nylon.)

I decided holding out for one of those rarer jackets, or getting a repro wasn't worth it, and my best bet was to see if I could find a decent original L-2B. I figured the orange liner would be helpful during hunting season as well. Well, I found a beauty for about $200, bought it, and after an unnecessarily long wait, it arrived:
Screen Shot 2024-09-14 at 11.39.54 AM.png

It was then that I discovered (what JC later told me is) one of the idiosyncrasies of the L-2 design - these jackets are really short! The jacket fit me fine in the chest, fine in the shoulders, but was riding about an inch or two above my belt line, and every time I raised my arms, the sleeves rode up past my watch! Damn it.

I had already sent JC an email telling him I'd bought this original, so I sent him an update on the fit, and basically said "if at some point you have an L-2, L-2A, or L-2B that you think would fit me (whether original or one that you made), let me know and I'll buy it.

The next morning I woke up to an email from him telling me he had a Rolen L-2B on hand that he'd just recently made. Done! It just arrived last night:
0CF119C3-B3A0-4637-8F75-6369CE172DD1_1_102_o.jpeg

Now if only the weather would cooperate so I can give it some wear!

B-Man2

So this one was a bit of an odyssey. I've been thinking about L-2s for a while now. I think the AF blue of the L-2A is really cool, and I'd been interested to try a regular old L-2, since that seems to be what Yeager is wearing in this photo:
View attachment 158753
(I identified it as an L-2, not L-2A or L-2B because the photo was taken before the L-2A existed. JC came to the same conclusion because the oxygen mask tab appears to be made of leather, not nylon.)

I decided holding out for one of those rarer jackets, or getting a repro wasn't worth it, and my best bet was to see if I could find a decent original L-2B. I figured the orange liner would be helpful during hunting season as well. Well, I found a beauty for about $200, bought it, and after an unnecessarily long wait, it arrived:
View attachment 158755

It was then that I discovered (what JC later told me is) one of the idiosyncrasies of the L-2 design - these jackets are really short! The jacket fit me fine in the chest, fine in the shoulders, but was riding about an inch or two above my belt line, and every time I raised my arms, the sleeves rode up past my watch! Damn it.

I had already sent JC an email telling him I'd bought this original, so I sent him an update on the fit, and basically said "if at some point you have an L-2, L-2A, or L-2B that you think would fit me (whether original or one that you made), let me know and I'll buy it.

The next morning I woke up to an email from him telling me he had a Rolen L-2B on hand that he'd just recently made. Done! It just arrived last night:View attachment 158757
Now if only the weather would cooperate so I can give it some wear!
That’s a beauty Jan .
“If only the weather would cooperate”
Welcome to my world !! :(