• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vera Voulik Leather Artworks

Silver Surfer

ive found that painted acrylic artwork, and patches hardly age at all, where as work done with enamels begin to age as originals do. that is to say,, the enamel begins to lose its shine and developed hairline fissures, while taking on surface discoloration due to rain, dirt, wear, etc. also, to my eyes enamel paint seems to have more depth and richness than acrylic paint.

Silver Surfer

let me add, vera's work is outstanding, by any measure. if shipping back and forth, cost a couple arms and a leg, and vera would use enamels, I would want a "king of the heavies" on one of my repros, same as the on my bk that is for sale.......

Grant

ive found that painted acrylic artwork, and patches hardly age at all, where as work done with enamels begin to age as originals do. that is to say,, the enamel begins to lose its shine and developed hairline fissures, while taking on surface discoloration due to rain, dirt, wear, etc. also, to my eyes enamel paint seems to have more depth and richness than acrylic paint.

Agree Vic. There's nothing like good old enamels painted by an artist who knows how to use them.