• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear Leather : Type A-2: Rough Wear W535-ac-27752

LV426

Updates : Hello everybody ! Hope you had great D-DAY yesterday ;) . I wrote to John a ...quite long mail to get in touch with him and beggining a discussion about the jacket's dream , and about GW in general . The response was prompt and great , deep in description of the RW brand and many other things non relmated to the jackets and GW in particuliar. I must say that , for a 1st mail exchange it was GREAT and deep. I'm happy to have the chance , like you all , i think , to know and have such a passionate of making History live and have a profund respect to the accuracy of his work . And , above all , a really good communication.

CK90

Updates : Hello everybody ! Hope you had great D-DAY yesterday ;) . I wrote to John a ...quite long mail to get in touch with him and beggining a discussion about the jacket's dream , and about GW in general . The response was prompt and great , deep in description of the RW brand and many other things non relmated to the jackets and GW in particuliar. I must say that , for a 1st mail exchange it was GREAT and deep. I'm happy to have the chance , like you all , i think , to know and have such a passionate of making History live and have a profund respect to the accuracy of his work . And , above all , a really good communication.
Fantastic to hear, LV. To be honest, this is the best part of Goodwear, further this forum in general, beyond the material admiration of these beautiful jackets and what they represent, it’s the discussions, the sharing of passion and excitement between each other.

LV426

Fantastic to hear, LV. To be honest, this is the best part of Goodwear, further this forum in general, beyond the material admiration of these beautiful jackets and what they represent, it’s the discussions, the sharing of passion and excitement between each other.
Yes ! having the chance to exchange with such a passionate and with you all , forum members makes me want to go deeper in the knowledge of these jacket and History herself ( that is allready the case from long long time , like you all i presume !) He told me so many things and the way he was introduced in the A2 jackets , a job he had to do by taking photos of all repros and original jackets , not only the A2 but from Navy and Air Forces . Yes , it made my day ++ !

CK90

Yes ! having the chance to exchange with such a passionate and with you all , forum members makes me want to go deeper in the knowledge of these jacket and History herself ( that is allready the case from long long time , like you all i presume !) He told me so many things and the way he was introduced in the A2 jackets , a job he had to do by taking photos of all repros and original jackets , not only the A2 but from Navy and Air Forces . Yes , it made my day ++ !
This is amazing to hear my friend, I love it! it is the encyclopaedia of details that he is, there’s no one like him. I am with you, between this forum and my conversations with Mr. JC is when I decided to dive deeper into the details, trawling through vintage photo albums etc. One thing in particular is always evident, people from this time had a far greater appreciation for basic elegance and function than we have today, it’s a fantastic time in history to draw inspiration from.

mulceber

He told me so many things and the way he was introduced in the A2 jackets , a job he had to do by taking photos of all repros and original jackets , not only the A2 but from Navy and Air Forces .
Not even a job, just a personal project - that was his flight jacket CD, which he still sells and is 100% worth the money (his commentary in it is great).
Yes , it made my day ++ !
Yep, it’s always that way when you hear from him. ;)

LV426

This is amazing to hear my friend, I love it! it is the encyclopaedia of details that he is, there’s no one like him. I am with you, between this forum and my conversations with Mr. JC is when I decided to dive deeper into the details, trawling through vintage photo albums etc. One thing in particular is always evident, people from this time had a far greater appreciation for basic elegance and function than we have today, it’s a fantastic time in history to draw inspiration from.
Yes , at this stage , craftsmanship is an Art ;)

LV426

Not even a job, just a personal project - that was his flight jacket CD, which he still sells and is 100% worth the money (his commentary in it is great).

Yep, it’s always that way when you hear from him. ;)
Yes ! The "famous" jackets CD !! I beggin to visite and watch / read all this , trully a bible . A document to keep . I will keep on learning all what i need to become more than a rookie ;) . Person like him are rare