• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very unusual Perry B3

Smithy

Man that thing is Realllly somethin' ...I mean really, someone took pretty good care of it and looked after it well.

Back in that Jackets day, the wearer musta' knew it was significant and unique, one of a kind, even for it's time.

I wonder who wore it, and where they were stationed and what kinda plane they was flying, what position of crew member etc etc. If that thing could only talk, you know!!

It's a DANDY!!

Funny you mention that DD. Every time I see an original I ask the same questions in my mind.

If only these things could talk right?

B-Man2

Ahhh come on Burt, that hasn't stopped you in the past! :D
True …. But they never see any wear .. that’s my problem . I just sit here and look at them.
Occasionally I turn the air conditioner down to 60 degrees F . Turn on “The Cold Blue” and get a “Woody “ just thinking about how I missed the “Greatest Generation” and that should have been me on one of those B-17s .
Then my wife smacks me on the back of my head , brings me back to reality and turns the air back up . LOL!! ( What happened to all the emoji’s ? I lost them all )

Smithy

True …. But they never see any wear .. that’s my problem . I just sit here and look at them.
Occasionally I turn the air conditioner down to 60 degrees F . Turn on “The Cold Blue” and get a “Woody “ just thinking about how I missed the “Greatest Generation” and that should have been me on one of those B-17s .
Then my wife smacks me on the back of my head , brings me back to reality and turns the air back up . LOL!! ( What happened to all the emoji’s ? I lost them all )

When are you visiting Arctic Norway big fella? Lots of opportunity to get some wear in on those shearlings and tell the missus "I told you that this would come in handy honey" ;)

Smithy

I like it !!
Quick thinking there buddy !

The best defence for too many jackets is to use them. That way SWMBO can't do the old "but you never use it/them" thing!

Why sell jackets when you can organise a trip somewhere you can use the things? :)

I should get paid for this kind of advice :D

Dumpster D

I have enough Jackets on current rotation to change by the day by day, and be happy with that according to what the weather outside is like.

Sometimes you need the Parka, sometimes you need that Tanker Jacket, sometimes you want the B-3 over the D-1 and vice versa.

Either way I gotta check myself in the mirror and 'We' The 'royal' We have to look ourselves eye to eye and say:

"We are lookin' good today" ;)

(Although realize this would not do in Mennonite and Amish communities.)

Ok, sorry, back on topic....

This is ONE HECK OF A B-3 JACKET!!! MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS.

Dumpster D

Send it to him

Wheww...I'd be reluctant, you can't trust this thing won't just sprout legs and take a walk somewhere once it's in transit in the post.

Not a Jacket I'd turn my back on for a New York minute.

I'd be more likely to do a cross country road trip and make a huge picking adventure!!!! Let's hit the road!!!

Yer name's picker willy ain't it?

Thank you very much, but no buu-huu and waving my hanky goodbye to my Jacket as the ship leaves the dock.

She'd be ridin' shotgun with me all the way. Yeee-haws!!!

Wheww...I'd be reluctant, you can't trust this thing won't just sprout legs and take a walk somewhere once it's in transit in the post.

Not a Jacket I'd turn my back on for a New York minute.

I'd be more likely to do a cross country road trip and make a huge picking adventure!!!! Let's hit the road!!!

Yer name's picker willy ain't it?

Thank you very much, but no buu-huu and waving my hanky goodbye to my Jacket as the ship leaves the dock.

She'd be ridin' shotgun with me all the way. Yeee-haws!!!
I like your thinking. Just might have to make that happen! Lots of good antique shops between Arkansas and Washington. Hell maybe I’ll find another B-3 on the way

Dumpster D

I like your thinking. Just might have to make that happen! Lots of good antique shops between Arkansas and Washington. Hell maybe I’ll find another B-3 on the way
That whole manifest destiny thing, you'll find.

Can't say whether the whole road trip idea is a possible thing and might just be out of the question here and I'm outta line thinkin' that kind, but folks I tell ya, that would be larger than life legendary.

I want to mention that my return trips are usually when I run into any unexpected snags. So I say to you..

Godspeed.

Sleep tight en route, with that B-3 Jacket tucked under your pillow eh! Wouldn't leave it in the car neither.

And always remember:

Last edited:

Lorenzo_l

Late to the party (as usual) but my oh my, what a gem of a jacket there. Awesome that JC is considering making a combat clone from that. That would be one to behold when it's ready. Great find there @PickerWilly!