• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very unusual Perry B3

B-Man2

I snagged this one because of how wild and weird it is. Attached are some pictures of the finer details on this one. Mixed color seam tapes and shoulder rank flap things, closeups of the untreated shearling and the insides of the seams. Would love to hear some opinions on this one.
Is there a label on it .?

Attachments

• IMG_5460.jpeg
    IMG_5460.jpeg
    765.9 KB · Views: 30
I think you’ve got yourself a great jacket .
Do you have any background on it that you’d care to share ?
I think it's a real winner too. The shearling pants that came with it aren't half bad either. Any tips for storage/display of this gem? Anyone have some ins with Eastman Leather? Because I'd pay an arm and a leg to have an Eastman remake in a 44L

Dumpster D

I think it's a real winner too. The shearling pants that came with it aren't half bad either. Any tips for storage/display of this gem? Anyone have some ins with Eastman Leather? Because I'd pay an arm and a leg to have an Eastman remake in a 44L
You got yourself a Unicorn of a Jacket. Lucky you.

Baby it, always love it, and cherish it. Never lose a sense of how amazing and great it is.

DO NOT Hang on a hanger. DO NOT. EVER, NO EXCEPTION.

Avoid wearing it, display only, and never attempt to do anything to it in terms of 'resto' leave it as you found it. That includes Zippers. Keep it original as you found it, smells, stains, and all.

Do not feed it with any oils. Leave it totally untreated.

Keep it nice and tucked away, possibly in a good fitting box, wrapped up in something with some Lavender to deter mothing.

Expect it to be more fragile than you might think it would be.

I would talk to JC of GW and see if he might be a guy who could maybe tackle a 'clone' of this Jacket perhaps?

I doubt Eastman will have an ear for you with all the things they got running. You could still reach out to them either way and see if you might be able to find any info about the Jacket just the same.

You got yourself a Unicorn of a Jacket. Lucky you.

Baby it, always love it, and cherish it. Never lose a sense of how amazing and great it is.

DO NOT Hang on a hanger. DO NOT. EVER, NO EXCEPTION.

Avoid wearing it, display only, and never attempt to do anything to it in terms of 'resto' leave it as you found it. That includes Zippers. Keep it original as you found it, smells, stains, and all.

Do not feed it with any oils. Leave it totally untreated.

Keep it nice and tucked away, possibly in a good fitting box, wrapped up in something with some Lavender to deter mothing.

Expect it to be more fragile than you might think it would be.

I would talk to JC of GW and see if he might be a guy who could maybe tackle a 'clone' of this Jacket perhaps?

I doubt Eastman will have an ear for you with all the things they got running. You could still reach out to them either way and see if you might be able to find any info about the Jacket just the same.
I've had it tucked away, laying flat in a box since acquiring it. I'll continue much the same way. I take it displaying it on a full-form mannequin torso is not advisable? I'd love to fina a good way to display it with some of my other jackets, but not at the expense of its integrity and preservation.

By JC with GW, are you referring to someone with Good Wear? I'd love to have a nice clone of this one made!

Thanks for the great info and suggestions!

B-Man2

I've had it tucked away, laying flat in a box since acquiring it. I'll continue much the same way. I take it displaying it on a full-form mannequin torso is not advisable? I'd love to fina a good way to display it with some of my other jackets, but not at the expense of its integrity and preservation.

By JC with GW, are you referring to someone with Good Wear? I'd love to have a nice clone of this one made!

Thanks for the great info and suggestions!

John Chapman at Good Wear Leather can make you a repro of this jacket, that is so accurate that the only way you’ll be able to tell the difference between the two is the original will be the dirty one !

John Chapman at Good Wear Leather can make you a repro of this jacket, that is so accurate that the only way you’ll be able to tell the difference between the two is the original will be the dirty one !
What’s the best way to get ahold of him?

FreddyF9

As @B-Man2 said, he’s a moderator here and from time to time he takes a look here on the forum. There’s a chance that he already saw your post!

John Lever

A reliable source thinks that there was a shortage of skins so jackets were made then over dyed and this one was missed.

' A letter that took place between the Procurement and Supply departments in October of 1943, where they discuss shearling requirements for the upcoming year and a figure of 40 million square feet of shearling is stated. That’s more than 4 million sheep! '