• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

moderators please.............

shanghai joe

Ok I'm coming out of the closet..........in the next incarnation of the VLJ forum I shall be:

gw-lover

until then I shall be plain ole joe!

shall we close this thread and move on .......before I get bashed......ouch!

But seriously I think this has been a good thread!

Thanks for all the input, guys!

airfrogusmc

havocpaul said:
Roughwear said:
The GW Dubow now looks like a lightly worn original. I wonder whether in the future Goodwears will be passed off as originals on Ebay etc..?

Yes, maybe some of them, although seeing some of the serious wear one or too have had in a really short time not sure all the hides would stand up long-term; that Dubow looks great BTW.

The vemont espresso on this one is allot like allot of Dubows, aniline dyed with a dark base so abrasion does not show allot. In fact the oil from my neck is starting to darken on the top of the collar back of the neck just like allot of original 27798s. Only time will tell but this hide is a real winner. Ya can't go wrong with the goat John uses either.

Vcruiser

airfrogusmc said:
havocpaul said:
Roughwear said:
The GW Dubow now looks like a lightly worn original. I wonder whether in the future Goodwears will be passed off as originals on Ebay etc..?

Yes, maybe some of them, although seeing some of the serious wear one or too have had in a really short time not sure all the hides would stand up long-term; that Dubow looks great BTW.

The vemont espresso on this one is allot like allot of Dubows, aniline dyed with a dark base so abrasion does not show allot. In fact the oil from my neck is starting to darken on the top of the collar back of the neck just like allot of original 27798s. Only time will tell but this hide is a real winner. Ya can't go wrong with the goat John uses either.

I'd like to see a picture...! :mrgreen:
VB

BONNIEGIRL4

John is homegrown, one of us!!! I have no problem exhalting his amazing acheivements in realizing all our dreams.We all DO have a free will.We have been bombarded with so much "clone" B.S. over the years, when somone delivers and the customers to a person are satisfied, why play it down? - TOM

shanghai joe

BONNIEGIRL4 said:
John is homegrown, one of us!!! I have no problem exhalting his amazing acheivements in realizing all our dreams.We all DO have a free will.We have been bombarded with so much "clone" B.S. over the years, when somone delivers and the customers to a person are satisfied, why play it down? - TOM

Tom,

Nice to hear you posting-how's it going?