• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

moderators please.............

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
shanghai joe said:
more focussed section.

Well okay, but they're all Repros, and the threads have headings, so they're pretty easy to find.

And we kinda have too many sections anyway.

Chris217

To know that one knows what one knows, and to know that one doesn't know what one doesn't know, there lies true wisdom.....

Quickly as you can, snatch the pebble from my hand!

shanghai joe

Chris217 said:
To know that one knows what one knows, and to know that one doesn't know what one doesn't know, there lies true wisdom.....

philosopher's stone!

shanghai joe

Chris217 said:

to know what one doesn't want to know therein lies true wisdom......ooops this should be under philosophy.

Chris217

Who can know himself well enough to speak for all?

Who is so well founded to hear all?

The sage says "shape clay into a vessel; cut doors and windows for a room, it is the spaces with which make it useful."

So we must listen for the spaces between us....

T-Bolt

Joe, I vote a resounding NO to your idea for a separate section for Good Wear discussion. Sounds like a totally inappropriate action to a NON problem. If you are not a GW enthusiast, so be it. At the current time there seems to be significant interest in Good Wear products, but maybe that will change markedly in another direction, next month.

The bottom line is I don't see the necessity for specialized arenas for one brand or another. :cool:

Ted

shanghai joe

T-Bolt said:
Joe, I vote a resounding NO to your idea for a separate section for Good Wear discussion. Sounds like a totally inappropriate action to a NON problem. If you are not a GW enthusiast, so be it. At the current time there seems to be significant interest in Good Wear products, but maybe that will change markedly in another direction, next month.

The bottom line is I don't see the necessity for specialized arenas for one brand or another. :cool:

Ted

ted,

I don't see any probs with your opinion. afterall I'm NOT a repro collector.

khiattP-51

There's no need for a seperate Goodwear thread, just like there's no need for a seperate ELC, Real McCoy's Aero, Lost Worlds. Gibson & Barnes, U.S Authentic, Avirex, Cooper......

-Kevin

Curahee

I agree with Joe, I am not anti-GW but it seems to me that the whole forum is overtaken by GW owners. I miss some objectivity in all of this. I don't (yet) own a GW and I'm no expert but if there are no negative remarks at all, it just seems a little strange to me. From what I can tell from John's posts I get the feeling that he also feels a little uncomfortable with all of this Hail Caesar/your the man/ the best ever etc. Is he the second comming like Rotenhanh wrote "..... OH Lordy"... come on !

It doesn't have to be all negative but I cannot believe that there is no room for improvement at all. Does this post mean
that I am now officially excommunicated ?

A

Anonymous

From what I can tell from John's posts I get the feeling that he also feels a little uncomfortable with all of this Hail Caesar/your the man/ the best ever etc. Is he the second comming like Rotenhanh wrote "..... OH Lordy"... come on !

This is America- I can say what I want AND I don't get how positive affirmations can be so offensive to some. Argue with me- don't like GWs? Tell me why- 'til then I will keep singing the praises- show me something even close...

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Curahee said:
I miss some objectivity in all of this. I don't (yet) own a GW and I'm no expert but if there are no negative remarks at all, it just seems a little strange to me.

That's a good point Curahee.

Tcwu posted a different viewpoint on the last forum, and suffered many unpleasant, personal, comments, from usually mild mannered members.

Perhaps I'm not the only one, that now just looks at the pictures, and moves on.

airfrogusmc

Curahee said:
I agree with Joe, I am not anti-GW but it seems to me that the whole forum is overtaken by GW owners. I miss some objectivity in all of this. I don't (yet) own a GW and I'm no expert but if there are no negative remarks at all, it just seems a little strange to me. From what I can tell from John's posts I get the feeling that he also feels a little uncomfortable with all of this Hail Caesar/your the man/ the best ever etc. Is he the second comming like Rotenhanh wrote "..... OH Lordy"... come on !

It doesn't have to be all negative but I cannot believe that there is no room for improvement at all. Does this post mean
that I am now officially excommunicated ?

Order one then let us know...