• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could order one GW today...

airfrogusmc

ButteMT61 said:
Thanks for posting the Werber pics. Looks great. Down to two now... :lol:

I don't know if the hide he used on mine is still available but the new stuff looks pretty awesome too.

ButteMT61

Of the pics posted here and elsewhere, I don't think I can go wrong.
The new host used on the M-422's is likewise gorgeous.
Too many good choices. D@mn him! :lol:

airfrogusmc

ButteMT61 said:
Of the pics posted here and elsewhere, I don't think I can go wrong.
The new host used on the M-422's is likewise gorgeous.
Too many good choices. D@mn him! :lol:

Just enough to keep one broke. I'm waiting for him to make an M-445 with the two buttons under the zipper. If he does eventually make one I will have to buy one. :roll: :lol:

ButteMT61

I was almost thinking of changing to the M-422, but I think the A-2 gives me more wear time here in Cali. Maybe this fall. Crazy. I hope my wife doesn't dump me. :mrgreen:

airfrogusmc

ButteMT61 said:
I was almost thinking of changing to the M-422, but I think the A-2 gives me more wear time here in Cali. Maybe this fall. Crazy. I hope my wife doesn't dump me. :mrgreen:

Either way ya can't go wrong. I was actually think of getting a SAT. I spoke on the phone with John about 8 months ago about it but at the time he was not talking any orders and I was not in a position at that time to buy another jacket,

ButteMT61

OK, the "Boss" says she does not want me getting anything "red", meaning, russet. I think she has a point - my skin color probably is better served wearing a seal HH. That being said, there are few models in the seal HH. I'm pretty sure it would be blasphemy to order a jacket that didn't come in seal with seal - right?
So, this leaves me with an easier choice with fewer options (that are correct).
Given that, what do you guys think?

Type A-2: Rough Wear W535-ac-27752

Type A-2: Acme Leather 42-18775-P

Thanks again for the input. It's much appreciated.

ButteMT61

airfrogusmc said:
My vote would be Rough Wear...

Thanks. I got my GW leather samples today, and the veg-tanned, aniline finished seal (wax finish, dark seal) is beautiful! I can see that RW looking fantastic with the green stitching. I'm leaning that way now...which is funny since I really initially wanted the Aero (Acme)
The collar stand and other details just look too nice!

Flyderf

My Goodwear Dubow just shipped and I can't be more excited.

Dubow_01.jpg

I'm thinking an A1 next. When will the sickness ever subside???

ButteMT61

Oh god that's beautiful! Congrat's. Lovely jacket and hide. Post more when it arrives please.
As for the sickness, it only comes and goes, it never goes away - unless the wife gets bigger weapons :lol:
Oh, and being a 48 myself, feel free to give it to me if it fails to make you happy! :shock:

derleicaman

Type A-2: Rough Wear W535-ac-27752
Hey Scott,
I have this exact jacket in the dark seal Horween Mustang hide, OD thread, exactly as you are describing. Very, very dark with very subtle reddish undertones. Incredible jacket and one of my faves of all my Good Wears. Used to belong to Weasel Loader, and if you search the archives, you can see some pics of this jacket. The wax finish Horween leather is very unique and has a very different "feel" to it than the typical HH. When its cold like today (20s) it gets very stiff, but when it warms up it is very soft and supple. Was talking to John the other day on another subject and we happened to discuss this leather. John's comment was that being a small buyer, Horween was difficult to work with in obtaining the type of hides he needs. They seem to favor their bigger users, which I guess you can't blame them for that. Too bad, as Horween is in my hometown (Chicago) and I like the fact that I have a Good Wear made with their leather. You can't miss with this one!

SuinBruin

Flyderf said:
My Goodwear Dubow just shipped and I can't be more excited.

Dubow_01.jpg

I'm thinking an A1 next. When will the sickness ever subside???

Have you received the jacket yet? Photos and review, please!

ButteMT61

There's a couple of new GW's that should be getting to people soon. Hope to see them here with lots of pics as that's my next jacket!

stanier

I've got an order for a GW Dubow 27798 due to made in the next month or so and after seeing these pics the excitement is in full flow!

Wish I'd ordered two now!

Flyderf

I received the jacket the other day. I have one word for it:Spectacular. I have learned to appreciate the nuances of a fine A2 from this site. John's work is incredible. Every seam, every stitch looks perfect to me. The fit couldn't be better if I had flown to Seattle and stood in his presence. The feel of the leather, and the grain is something to behold. I will try to take some pictures, but here are a few more that John took. I have collected more than a few jackets along the way. Gibson & Barnes, Aero, Bill Kelso (also a fine jacket), but this jacket is the home run, the game winner. My A2 quest is complete. On to the A1!!!

Dubow_02.jpg

Dubow_03.jpg

767fo

Congrats on this beautiful jacket. The entire jacket but especially the collar looks absolutley amazing!!!