• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GREATTTTTTTTTT NEWSSSSSSSSSSSS

Vcruiser

A2_newbie said:
Jake431 said:
Personally I'd much rather wear a jacket that says John Chapman than Ralph Lauren. Marcel knows that his jacket was sewn together by the man who's name tag he wears. Anyone who has an item that has RL on it knows some 12 year old in a sweatshop got paid 52 cents that day to make what they're wearing.

-Jake

So I take it you own all home-made clothing. Bollocks! Wear your own name or wear noting at all I say my good man. The fact that this fellow is wearing another mans name on his chest is just freakish. I may be looking at this all wrong but it's strange. What do I want some blokes name on my chest I will never know, know if it was a heroes name or some type of a dedication I can see it, but please.

Well..you've certainly detracted away from someone's GREATTTTTTT NEWSSSSSS with repetitive posts about how insistantly you disagree with the name he chose for "his" nametag. What do you want him to do..? Rip it off and admit the error of his ways. It just may be that honoring JC on a nametag isn't near as freakish as an over-critical persistent hi-jacking rudeness to get your point across. I can see Marcels point..and don't find it ridiculous at all...but I don't demand that all should agree with me.
Hell..evidentally,Lignemaginot,has a John Chapman tribute tatt on his ass! Don't really know how I feel about that.......
Van

Lignemaginot

Vcruiser said:
Well..you've certainly detracted away from someone's GREATTTTTTT NEWSSSSSS with repetitive posts about how insistantly you disagree with the name he chose for "his" nametag. What do you want him to do..? Rip it off and admit the error of his ways. It just may be that honoring JC on a nametag isn't near as freakish as an over-critical persistent hi-jacking rudeness to get your point across. I can see Marcels point..and don't find it ridiculous at all...but I don't demand that all should agree with me.
Hell..evidentally,Lignemaginot,has a John Chapman tribute tatt on his ass! Don't really know how I feel about that.......
Van

Just for clarification (should I ever be considered for someone's VP running mate), I don't actually have a tattoo of Mr. Chapman's name on my ass.

My wife made me remove it.

T-Bolt

VERY.....VERY well put, Jake and Van!! Thanks for your comments.

Marcel has a beautiful one of a kind J. Chapman creation with fantastic artwork by Jerome. I am interested in celebrating that.

Marcel.....more photos when you get the chance, please. :cool: :cool:

Ted

Vcruiser

Lignemaginot said:
Vcruiser said:
Van

Just for clarification (should I ever be considered for someone's VP running mate), I don't actually have a tattoo of Mr. Chapman's name on my ass.

Whatta relief....(for John)..... :)

A2_newbie said:
[So I take it you own all home-made clothing. Bollocks! Wear your own name or wear noting at all I say my good man. The fact that this fellow is wearing another mans name on his chest is just freakish. I may be looking at this all wrong but it's strange. What do I want some blokes name on my chest I will never know, know if it was a heroes name or some type of a dedication I can see it, but please.

In a very short time you've proven to everybody on the forum how rude and ignorant you can be.We are all well aware of your vast superiority now, perhaps it's time you leave to disrupt another forum.

jacketimp

My wife made me remove it.[/quote]

ouch n ouch......

ouch 1 for tattoo

ouch2 for tattoo removal

A

Anonymous

HI MARCEL GREAT JACKET !One of the few things in life that will get better with age .Re the name tag it is fitting .After all none of us are old enough to be in the USAAF since it was disbanded in 1947 .The jacket was paid for with the friuts of your labour and you can have it any way you want .

Message for A_2 newbie when are you going to post some thing positive for my self and the forum members for us to learn from .Any pearls of wisdom from your ivory tower !.

I used to be concieted but now I am perfect !

Jeff NY

rich

It's a grand jacket Marcel. For what it's worth, I had an Eastman name-tag sewn on to one of my ELC A2's. I liked the idea of the tag and the makers name seemed a good a choice as any. Look forward to more pics of your jacket as it breaks in, congratulations!

dujardin

some photos in daylight

PICT0121-1.jpg

PICT0122-1.jpg

PICT0123-1.jpg

PICT0124-1.jpg

i hope to find time this w-e to take some rest and wear my jacket, at this time i have too much work in my house so that my A2 stay flat on my bed.

but for sure the first day my daughter enter school i will wear her....and take photos; hope that sun will be present.

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

marcel

SuinBruin

None of these jackets were actually made by Dubow, or Doniger, or Bronco, or Perry Sporswear, or United Sheeplined... is it weird to have those makers' names listed on the labels of the jackets?

Isn't trying to meticulously copy military gear from 60+ years ago "weird"?

My next A-2 repro will have one of my grandfather's original leather name tags from WWII stitched to the front. It will be a tribute to him as a man I loved, honored, and respected. If anyone asks me who "D.K. Cable" is, I will be happy to tell them about him and his service in the USAAF. And I don't give a good g#ddamn if anyone else thinks it's weird or not.

Now, would I choose to have my daughter's name on the back of my jacket, or John Chapman's name on the front? No. But that's just me. I certainly wouldn't go around casting stones at others for decorating their jackets as they like.

Frankly, I think it's pretty "weird" to join an online forum dedicated to vintage and replica military leather jackets and then rip other members for how they choose to adorn those jackets. Why are you here? (That's not a flame... it's a genuine question.)

Jake431

A2_troll said:
bseal said:
Marcel, you're enthusiasm is contagious. Congratulations!

Enthusiasm? Is that what you call it? I call it a serious need to see a shrink.

Yes, yes, we're all well aware that's what you think. You know, you're sort of poetic. One lone man, pissing into the wind.

Bravo sir!

-Jake

Hawkeye

Thanks for the much needed moderation, A2_newbs comment was incredibly rude, inappropriate and had no place here. Its good to see another troll get the boot.

khiattP-51

Ex-communicated and his directions for how to get here were permantly blocked.
No place for such behavior in our semi-polite society!

-Kevin

airfrogusmc

dujardin said:
some photos in daylight

PICT0121-1.jpg

PICT0122-1.jpg

PICT0123-1.jpg

PICT0124-1.jpg

i hope to find time this w-e to take some rest and wear my jacket, at this time i have too much work in my house so that my A2 stay flat on my bed.

but for sure the first day my daughter enter school i will wear her....and take photos; hope that sun will be present.

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

marcel

Man thats sweet Marcel...Congrats...

and glad to see that guy gone....

airfrogusmc

Lignemaginot said:
Vcruiser said:
Van

Glad of that; for a minute there I thought there were going to be pictures.

Burnsie

Glad to see we're back on point - this is a beautiful jacket with some excellent artwork!
GREATTTTTTTTTT NEWSSSSSSSSSSSS indeed!