• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GREATTTTTTTTTT NEWSSSSSSSSSSSS

dujardin

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS really impatient to receive my jacket.
hope i can wear her during ''Wings & Wheels'' here in Belgium - mid august.

many thanks for your comments, no worries if sometimes political discussion take place in the wrong post.

byeeeeeeeeeeeeee marcel

airfrogusmc

TAKE ALL PERSON ATTACKS AND POLICAL CRAP TO THE OTHER ROOM. We are all semi adults here and if we don't want heavy moderation which I don't take all this crap to the other section so those that don't wanna see the pissing contests can talk JACKETS
PLEASE

Because I don't want Chris, Bill, Kevin or John to have to start deleting posts. OK?

Thank you,
Allen

Andrew

Marcel i'm really impressed with your project, and Jeromes work is incredibly delicate. On top of all that a recent model HH gem by JC makes for one keeper jacket, you are really going to enjoy it.

One day when you're over 90 you'll be able to pass it on to Elizabeth herself... ;)

kkochheiser

Marcel, what a wonderful project! I'm awaiting (and waiting and waiting...) 2 jackets from JC myself and while I didn't plan for any artwork on them, you've really got me thinking...

Thanks for sharing the photos, can't wait to see the completed project in your hands.

Kent

better duck

He Marcel, once you've received your jacket, and, in a couple of months time, when I have mine (The ELC Star, with "Knee-ding a lift"), we should get together. Maybe, one weekend I can jump on the BMW and speed to the Ardennes! We can drink some Belgian beer, compare jackets and jacket art and take some great photos for our (a-political) :p forumbuddies, to get them green with envy!

dujardin

better duck said:
He Marcel, once you've received your jacket, and, in a couple of months time, when I have mine (The ELC Star, with "Knee-ding a lift"), we should get together. Maybe, one weekend I can jump on the BMW and speed to the Ardennes! We can drink some Belgian beer, compare jackets and jacket art and take some great photos for our (a-political) :p forumbuddies, to get them green with envy!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YES
for sure; or you come to Ardennes or i go to Arnhem or maybe visiting Vlissingen area.
everything is possible.
normally after september when my move will be completed, i will be free as the wind to go and do anything i wish.
it will be a good join and surely a great moment.
friendship from Belgium

ps : in case this one interest you, the 8 and 9 august, there is an event in Urseel (Antwerp) named ''wings&wheels''; i will go there probably on sunday.

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee marcel

dujardin

:( :( :( :( :(

painting of my jacket is complete by Jerome since end of july.
payment is done since begin august.
we are approaching end of august and still no jacket in my hand :?: :?: :?:
i wrote to Jerome some days ago but no news.....
i hope there is no critical situation with his father.
but i also hope that i will receive my jacket soon.
i'm impatient to receive her and may present my jacket to you.

byeeeee

if someone have info about Jerome; please pm me

many thanksssssssssss

marcel

ausreenactor

Nothing heard in some time mate...

bseal had some recent work done, but I have not heard whether he has spoken to Jerome in a while. I have had an ELC Air Comfort with him since March...Missing some awesome chilly nights and heading south for a while. Ideal time for the jacket..

Couchy

dujardin

hellooo hellooo hellooooooooooooooo,
i finally have my jacket in my hands; i'm the happiest man of the world today. :D
she fit me perfectly and the work realised by Jerome is great.
it's a real magnificent jacket, splendid, a real treasure.
i'm mad about my beauty. :cool:
alas, i had no time today to take some photos and now it's already too dark and most of all, due to the work in my house, i'm surely not the best manniquin; not shaved and bad hair. :oops:
soooooo, next of the story and story are for tommorow.
just one day more , just one little day :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

see you later

marcel

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
dujardin said:
i finally have my jacket in my hands; i'm the happiest man of the world today. :D

That's fantastic news, Marcel, even I was starting to worry, and it's not my jacket. :)

Sure .... we can wait for pictures.

dujardin

already many thanks,

i will give you a favour, i will not wait till tommorow; i will take a cut my hair, shave my face and take a shower and realise some first photos. it's now 22:45, see you in approx one hour.

be patient

m

dujardin

here comes the first photos

PICT0109.jpg

PICT0110.jpg

the perfect lenght of sleeves for me
PICT0112-1.jpg

PICT0111-1.jpg

PICT0115-1.jpg

PICT0116-1.jpg

and this one is especially for John & Jerome
PICT0114-1.jpg

tommorow i will take other photos in daylight.

answer to Vcruiser : this is my second A2, i have an original - 1756 - no name contract
but alas too small to wear and i think too fragile too, the liner is already a little bit ''destroyed'' but it's my first one and i receive her from a good friend of this forum so i enjoy her very much.

byebye from the happiest guy in the world.
my Goodwear will be my dayly wearer jacket i will post photos of his evolution from month to month to show how she look in some times.

marcel

T-Bolt

Hey Marcel,

Your new Dubow looks FANTASTIC......congratulations!! The fit appears to be perfect and will only become better as it breaks in! It looks super on you. And the patches and artwork are beautiful....very nice. Excellent work by Jerome.

Thank you so much for taking time to get photos up as quickly as you did, that is much appreciated. :cool:

I can't wait to get my GW Dubow within a few weeks.

Ted

dujardin

A2_newbie said:
Is your name J.C. Chapman....? :lol:

heuuuuuuuuuuuuu NO, my name is Bond.. James Bond :lol: :lol: :lol:

as i explain before, it's just to honour the maker of this jacket.
and, it's may be a certain form of publicity for him, i will be very pleased to bring him some new clients here in Belgium or maybe in other countries if someone remark my jacket.
the artwork of Jerome will be recognised instantly just by looking the paint and of course by his signature (also same remark concerning eventual publicity).
and by whom interested in USAAF (general history), they will recognise the patching (unit) i wish to honour.

if i had comments, i will let you know.

bye byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

marcel J-C Chapman James Bond aso aso...

asiamiles

dujardin said:
as i explain before, it's just to honour the maker of this jacket.
and, it's may be a certain form of publicity for him, i will be very pleased to bring him some new clients here in Belgium or maybe in other countries if someone remark my jacket.
Similarly, you can find a Buzz Rickson nametag on some Buzz jackets (and I don't mean repro's of McQueen's jackets from THE WAR LOVER), and T.R. McCoy on some Real Mcoy's.