• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Didn't realize Kelso jackets were a 1000.00

A

Anonymous

I respect your opinion.
We had to upgrade the leather so that people can take BK more seriously.
BK increased prices and I had to give you a reason why.
Whatever I said in here or elsewhere IS fact, and will be proven in time. I said what I said because it is my duty to speed up the process.

We are not robbing anyone's pockets, we offer something that is naturally more expensive at a lower price at our cost and suffering. What's wrong with that?
We also guarantee that you will be pleased with the product, or your money back. All of it.
That turns off customers too?

The boot analogy is used to show you the actual value of the leather, not to compare boots with jackets.
And to prove that I am not bullshitting you when I said that this is the best and most expensive leather. That boot without this leather wouldn't cost this much.

There are other shoes like e.g. the below by the very popular Alden which costs $498.00, and you really don't want to hear how I feel about the leather it's made of.
alden.945.jpg

m444uk

Those boots sure are ugly. They remind me of the boots (sans zips) handed out to inmates of Victorian asylums like Bedlam in London :shock:

Vcruiser

Andrew said:
Oh c'mon, this just gives me the felling you've got your hand down our collective pockets looking for our wallets. Let your customers say this stuff, then it'll really mean something. Hardly a strategy to engender a need to buy. I also find it bizzare using the boot analogy too, as a handful of sane people would ever spend that on a pair of boots- most of us balk at $180 for a pair of roughouts (and they're worth it).

What BK gets from a forum like this is on the whole constructive criticism so you really ought to accept it. This kind of desperate use of superlatives telling us what you insist we should know just turns customers off.

Exactly. Same thing was tried by BK on the FL right in the middle of a long thread about customers discussing another premium jacket maker (Himel). A 'dis' of all hides being inferior to BK. The responses were very similar as this...a complete turn off...and BK still can't understand any reason why.

ausreenactor

Vcruiser said:
Andrew said:
Oh c'mon, this just gives me the felling you've got your hand down our collective pockets looking for our wallets. Let your customers say this stuff, then it'll really mean something. Hardly a strategy to engender a need to buy. I also find it bizzare using the boot analogy too, as a handful of sane people would ever spend that on a pair of boots- most of us balk at $180 for a pair of roughouts (and they're worth it).

What BK gets from a forum like this is on the whole constructive criticism so you really ought to accept it. This kind of desperate use of superlatives telling us what you insist we should know just turns customers off.

Exactly. Same thing was tried by BK on the FL right in the middle of a long thread about customers discussing another premium jacket maker (Himel). A 'dis' of all hides being inferior to BK. The responses were very similar as this...a complete turn off...and BK still can't understand any reason why.

While I agree the item description was over the top, the name of the game was 'selling' the jacket. It reminded me of Thai promoters pushing their kick boxing fights but anyhoo.. The selection of that shoe was another poor choice as support to the 'debate'. I am sure if you had of put a Ralph Lauren A-2 up there it would have been more relevant. Or an arthouse Japanese jacket?

And if the jacket in question was a 44 or a 46 it WOULD have sold. Without the crazy description. I think a few in the market are noticing the hides BK are using and if you can get a hide like a GW, the same label, with a few subtle differences for 2/3 the GW price? If you think the jacket businesses are not in it for the money then you are a starry eyed romantic. I used to go to work for the fun of it; however, that fun has turned in to a salary based imprisonment. Roll on 2015, spouse with a Degree and the second income again.

Between eBay, Yahoo Japan and this place everybody wants at least some of my money!! One box at a time.. ;) And Peter that free jacket should be coming my way any day now! Only reason I have not formally ordered a BK just yet!

Couchy

A

Anonymous

Oh I get it now. BK is robbing you by selling you better stuff for cheaper.

I am afraid it's a "Catch 22" situation.
If BK does not tell you anything, you may go and buy e.g. Mercedes for the price of Ferrari (while the real Ferrari is offered elsewhere less than the Mercedes), and on the other hand if they tell you, you get turned off.

People in the forums can never understand the differences between leathers because they are not leather experts.
If nobody tells them anything they will end up being victims.
That's not fair.
BK prefers honesty, even if it turns you off.
By getting turned off because you were told the truth about the quality (and therefore value) of leathers, suggests that you want to see the tree but fail to see the forest.

Also, it doesn't mean that someone who sells you a B quality product for the price of A is deceiving you. That's his price. You may buy it only if you want nobody forces you. But I think you got to be an educated buyer. Blame me if I am wrong.

"you" above does not refer to you in particular.

A

Anonymous

If you think the jacket businesses are not in it for the money then you are a starry eyed romantic.

At the prices BK sell their jackets, it's a not profit organization. And also doing damage to themselves by devalueing these wonderful leathers.

That's all from me, and I will ask Andy @ BK not to post anymore on TFL.
We 'll let the jackets speak for themselves.

Rutger

Posting a picture of a man with his head up his a*se constructive?
That's %^&**&^^%$@!@#$^^&*()_)(**&&^^%%$#@#$%%.

Andreart

Rutger said:
Posting a picture of a man with his head up his a*se constructive?
That's %^&**&^^%$@!@#$^^&*()_)(**&&^^%%$#@#$%%.

what does all that mean? the man has a head up his ass because i wanted to post a man with a head up his ass. who ever said i was being constructive. i think its funny, and if you dont, well, @#*& you !@#@$##. also this is the wrong post, theres no man with a head up his ass here, well except....:lol:

Andreart

PLATON said:
If you think the jacket businesses are not in it for the money then you are a starry eyed romantic.

At the prices BK sell their jackets, it's a not profit organization. And also doing damage to themselves by devalueing these wonderful leathers.

That's all from me, and I will ask Andy @ BK not to post anymore on TFL.

looks like i solved the problem, Send all donations to the Head Up Your Ass Foundation (HUYAF), NYC, NY 10010, USA.

Andreart

Thank you!
This bullshit happens to be the truth. Have you something against the truth?
We are STRUGGLING to keep the price down to Eur 740 for these jackets,

Then you best go into another line of work son.

I, as well as a good amount of other memebers don't want to hear your ramblings. Go buy some advertising space somewhere and sell your wares there. This forum was once an Eastman temple, then Goodwear came along and all the sheep jumped on that train, now your trying to push how great your product is. It might be, but let the members who own your most fabulous leather on the planet post it.

Ask the moderators to put up a merchant site here and post away there. Don't hijack threads to self promote your wares. thats bullshit, and that's THE TRUTH!

B-Man2

I'm getting the sense that there's some hostility here.
Now let's all gather round and hold hands...........that's it....
Now sing with me.........."As we gather round the river....." :shock:

Andreart

B-Man2 said:
I'm getting the sense that there's some hostility here.
Now let's all gather round and hold hands...........that's it....
Now sing with me.........."As we gather round the river....." :shock:

i just dont think that they get my sence of humor here...oh well.

i'm on the crazy train...

PaulGT3

Planton wrote:

Probably the wisest sentence in this whole forum!!!!!!

Then the customers will start writing your ads FOR you!!

m444uk

PLATON said:
People in the forums can never understand the differences between leathers because they are not leather experts.

If only I was a leather expert I could be a real man.....

tumblr_m8atv3cHgO1r855nqo1_r1_500.jpg