• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Didn't realize Kelso jackets were a 1000.00

ausreenactor

Andreart said:
Thank you!
Don't hijack threads to self promote your wares. thats bullshit, and that's THE TRUTH!

This place is nothing but a promotion site in essence. Promoting the latest buy, the one to offload or spreading the word on the latest scoop popped into the PM inbox.

The forum surely calls a spade a spade and many here are lighting on the 'crazy alarm'. The $1000 mall A-2 or the dubious jacket art is sure to cop a pounding. Was the jacket worth $1000? The eBay market said no. Based on the hide? I would say not. Based on the description? I would say not? Based on the size? Yes! I could buy a Buzz Rickson A-2 for $400 any day of the week in Japan. I would not get my money back. Buying a $500 44 or 46 (rarely available), I would make hundreds on it. Platon just needs to finesse his eBay methods I feel. If, in fact, Platon was actually the author of the eBay item description. I am sure that Platon's English is better than your Greek. Perhaps the enthusiasm does not translate that well? Or get a satisifed customer to announce the latest updates? Would that would be more accepted? Just loiter in the shadows and monitor the feedback? Who knows..

I am sure the jackets will tell that tale. And from the concensus in posts recently the Victory Hide is sure to be a winner. There are plenty of BKs getting around. Give it a couple of show seasons in the US and the UK and there will certainly be an exponential increase in numbers.

NY would surely be the HQ for the 'Head Up The Ass' organisation... ;)

Couchy

Jeff M

PLATON said:
People in the forums can never understand the differences between leathers because they are not leather experts.
If nobody tells them anything they will end up being victims.

People really in need of "expertise" when it comes to evaluating leather (and jacket) quality are generally the most gullible when it comes to advertising claims.

I've rarely come across a jacket manufacturer...or the maker of any product...who has anything "bad" to say about
the quality of the materials they use.
And when they come across material they like better, it is always touted as "incredible!!" with similar claims for the previous material shunted off to the side.

Now, I may not be a "leather expert", but I have had a couple of occasions where I have been very disappointed in the quality of leather used on a jacket despite lofty proclamations by the producer and some of their customers.

In the end, the jackets DO speak for themselves, not always agreeing with what was advertised.
I've found the best way to get information about a manufacturer is to disregard the "hype" and contact people behind the scenes. Honest, non-emotional critiques are, unfortunately, not all that common of the forums.

Vcruiser

Big difference between: Checkout our newest BK A2 hide..you may find it exceptional..

Rather than: Now our greatly superior BK jackets and hides are better than anyone has or ever will have. If you disagree you are ignorant about anything leather and must realize that we are actually forgoing any profit only to enlighten those stumbling in darkness before the big price jumps reflect our elite newest status.

Jeff M

A rule of thumb I've found to be true...the louder somebody proclaims how great they are, the less likely they are to be so.
Quality doesn't need to draw attention to itself. Others will do it for them.

A

Anonymous

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

JUST HAVING FUN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Big difference between: Checkout our newest BK A2 hide..you may find it exceptional..

Rather than: Now our greatly superior BK jackets and hides are better than anyone has or ever will have. If you disagree you are ignorant about anything leather and must realize that we are actually forgoing any profit only to enlighten those stumbling in darkness before the big price jumps reflect our elite newest status.

This sounds amusing but it ain't so.

I do not make false claims. That's why I back my claims with money back guarantees.
No reasonable man will advertise that he has some of the best product when he doesn't. Because what will happen if someone buys it and finds that it isn't?

Checkout our newest BK A2 hide..you may find it exceptional..

Unortunately, such statements aren't enough this time. Despite all my loud advertising, 50% of the people here still think that BK doesn't have Talons and that one should supply it himself in order to have one installed. It all started because someone ordered a size 52 jacket and our normal Talons would fit up to size 48. The misconception is going on since then.

If I waited for all the guys here to find out by themselves that we upgraded the leathers and the jackets it would take much longer than we could afford. Times are difficult and have taken risks that required use of drastic measures.

I know other manufacturers aren't so loud but they don't need to be. They are the giants and BK is a small ant.
I am sorry if my methods caused you any inconvenience. Maybe I busted some people's balls but I am sure there were others who liked to hear.

Finally, the claims made don't come directly from the manufacturer, but via myself. I am member here as is everybody else.
Sure I have financial gain from BK, but would never lie to you guys about quality that isn't there, I am an honest guy.

Anyway, let's forget about the whole thing. I believe you heard enough already.

ausreenactor

Andreart said:
ausreenactor said:
Andreart said:
Thank you!

NY would surely be the HQ for the 'Head Up The Ass' organisation... ;)

Couchy

touche' mr couchy :lol: i have to agree with you.

I have never visited down under, but would love to someday. ;)

I was only referring to one Andrew M. Cuomo..

"Liberty is the value of individuals to have agency (control over their own actions). Different conceptions of liberty articulate the relationship of individuals to society in different ways—including some that relate to life under a social contract or to existence in a state of nature, and some that see the active exercise of freedom and rights as essential to liberty."

I am all set to hit the US at year's end. I would like to visit a truly 'free' country while it is still the way it should be!!

And Down Under! I would think the second best country in the World! A close second to New Zealand... love that place and its semi autos..

Couchy

Andreart

I was only referring to one Andrew M. Cuomo..

"Liberty is the value of individuals to have agency (control over their own actions). Different conceptions of liberty articulate the relationship of individuals to society in different ways—including some that relate to life under a social contract or to existence in a state of nature, and some that see the active exercise of freedom and rights as essential to liberty."

I am all set to hit the US at year's end. I would like to visit a truly 'free' country while it is still the way it should be!!

And Down Under! I would think the second best country in the World! A close second to New Zealand... love that place and its semi autos..

Couchy[/quote]

well mate, better make it here quick cause our freedoms are being stolen and corruped by the current bunch of morons in the whithouse quicker than shit thru a goose, no joke.

ausreenactor

Andreart said:
well mate, better make it here quick cause our freedoms are being stolen and corruped by the current bunch of morons in the whithouse quicker than sh*t thru a goose, no joke.

Hard to argue with an apolitical observation like that.. ;)

Couchy

Jeff M

ausreenactor said:
Andreart said:
well mate, better make it here quick cause our freedoms are being stolen and corruped by the current bunch of morons in the whithouse quicker than sh*t thru a goose, no joke.

Couchy

Welcome to America mate.

A

Anonymous

Vcruiser said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

ausreenactor said:
Andreart said:

Couchy
I have never seen so much draconian legislation crammed into 5 years, what a bunch of BS and we sit here and let it happen. No choice , because we have people that want the government to wipe their ass after ever shit.

PaulGT3

I have two observations one already has been stated here before. I tend to listen to CUSTOMERS of products not the salesmen.
When I go into a Porsche dealer I know more than they do anyway, so I let the products speak for themselves

Secondly Burger King is certainly not an icon associated with FIRST RATE quality in America anyway. Its a second rate fast food place at best and not the statement I would use
to represent my company if Quality if the first and foremost product thing I want people to feel about us.