• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-1 Leather Jackets

Persimmon

Dr H said:
More pies needed Alan!!

I would need of those heavy duty B 3 6 Irwin thingmebob furry jackets on underneath just to have a chance before the Easter Eggs and Pies !!

Great looking A1

airfrogusmc

ButteMT61 said:
Yeah, it is. My wife wants me to buy it. I'm working on convincing myself to see if it will work. I hesitate 'cause I think it will be too baggy, but the pics keep me hoping it will fit.

Take a look at the photos of originals being worn. They should be a bit baggy. The sleeves are slim though and the arm holes are high but its a very very comfy jacket. You can always dump it on greed bay if it don't work out and probably get all the $$$ back.

ButteMT61

airfrogusmc said:
ButteMT61 said:
Yeah, it is. My wife wants me to buy it. I'm working on convincing myself to see if it will work. I hesitate 'cause I think it will be too baggy, but the pics keep me hoping it will fit.

Take a look at the photos of originals being worn. They should be a bit baggy. The sleeves are slim though and the arm holes are high but its a very very comfy jacket. You can always dump it on greed bay if it don't work out and probably get all the $$$ back.

I am sadly dealing with a lost USPS jacket. A fellow on TFL bought my HWM in steer hide. It appears the USPS lost it and now I'm dealing with those inept fools. If I get hosed on the insurance on it, I'm out $600. So let me see where I am by day's end.

@ Ian: Man, you're killing me. As if the jacket alone isn't enough to push me over the edge... ;)

airfrogusmc

ButteMT61 said:
airfrogusmc said:
ButteMT61 said:

I am sadly dealing with a lost USPS jacket. A fellow on TFL bought my HWM in steer hide. It appears the USPS lost it and now I'm dealing with those inept fools. If I get hosed on the insurance on it, I'm out $600. So let me see where I am by day's end.

@ Ian: Man, you're killing me. As if the jacket alone isn't enough to push me over the edge... ;)

Its cool no rush....

Dr H

ButteMT61 said:

What can I say? You can take the man out of the A-1, but... :cool:
My GW A-1 fits in a similar fashion.

ButteMT61

Dr H said:
ButteMT61 said:

What can I say? You can take the man out of the A-1, but... :cool:
My GW A-1 fits in a similar fashion.

Sadly, there's not many shots of guys n A-1's around. Do you have any of you in yours? You can email it if you like? I'd love to see more.

Dr H

Hi Scott

I don't right now, but I'll get my eldest son to take a few shots tomorrow and send them over.

Cheers

Ian

airfrogusmc

airfrogusmc said:
Just took some new photos
IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3819.jpg

IMG_3820.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

This beauty has been SOLD!!!!!!

ButteMT61

Good luck Ian. Hope you sell yours too. Why are you guys all dumping A-1's?
Seems they were just picking up steam, now you guys are all running away? :)
FWIW, I bought the A-1, as I'm sure you suspected. :lol:

Dr H

Well done Scott, you'll love it.
I'm shedding my best jackets to liberate funds rather than losing A-1s (keeping my beater ELC A-1).
Off topic, but the situation here has changed - now talking the next few days rather than months so putting funds by.
What an awful, cruel condition. :(

ButteMT61

Dr H said:
Well done Scott, you'll love it.
I'm shedding my best jackets to liberate funds rather than losing A-1s (keeping my beater ELC A-1).
Off topic, but the situation here has changed - now talking the next few days rather than months so putting funds by.
What an awful, cruel condition. :(

I know, and my best wishes are going out to you Ian. They're just jackets, and as we know too well, life is more important.

ButteMT61

And if it doesn't fit me, I'll sadly have to join the ranks of the A-1 sellers :(
But I see some new A-1 coming around the bend, so either way, I'll be sportin' one this fall.

ButteMT61

So, rather than start a new thread, I thought it best to piggy-back here.

This is my new-old A-1 from GW via Allen. What do you guys think on the fit? It's not my normal cut with a tapered body and longer sleeves, but I think it looks OK. Opinions wanted - cruel or kind. :)
And, FWIW, Allen is a top-notch guy to deal with!

A-1c.jpg

A-1b.jpg

A-1a.jpg

A-1d.jpg

Dr H

That fits you really well Scott...if we can just persuade you to tuck your shirt in! :roll:

Vcruiser

I was wondering if it would work for you...but..it does!
Yeah..What is it with the shirttail hanging out? You see it all over the Fedora Lounge and other places.
Some kinda fad? Damn Kids.... :shock:
Guess it's better than wearing pajamas,tho... :?

ButteMT61

Dr H said:
That fits you really well Scott...if we can just persuade you to tuck your shirt in! :roll:

Sorry, son was running out, and I had to grab him. I wasn't ready, but...
And, you can blame that on JanSolo :) I generally don't do that, and even my son was b*tching at me. So, next pics will be better - wanted opinions on FIT buttheads. If I'm not keeping it, I wasn't going to do a big photoshoot :)
Oh, and FWIW, my wife likes it best of all my jackets...