• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-1 Leather Jackets

Dr H

I stand some way below both you and Steve (BSeal), John - my A-1 obsession is almost controllable with medication :roll:

ButteMT61

Hoping JC doesn't mind me showing this here. Since they're on the site, I hope it's OK.
Some of the samples. I love them, but I also know JC doesn't like skins that are too "red". I believe he is shooting for the brown sample (color-wise) in the comparison shot. I am happy the A-1 is getting lots of attention - I think there's enough A-2's around, and I am really enjoying the new style!

Sample_No1.jpg

Sample_No2.jpg

Sample_No2_Match.jpg

Sample_No3.jpg

Dr H

That's the one Scott. Sample 2 (the one showing the stressed/twisted finish) is currently the front runner in the earthy brown.

ButteMT61

Dr H said:
That's the one Scott. Sample 2 (the one showing the stressed/twisted finish) is currently the front runner in the earthy brown.

Yeah, I have a conundrum now. Change my '38 Acme to an A-1, or stick with that and get another A-1? I wanna be just like you Ian :shock:

Dr H

:lol:
You're going to have to lose some height!
In your position (with a good, well fitting A-1) I'd go with the '38 Acme or even, dare I say it, a SAT...

ButteMT61

Dr H said:

JC confirmed the color match and hides on order. Exciting stuff. Wonder if I could get him to make another one with unfinished seems? I really dig that look. I know, here come the seam Nazis :mrgreen:

ButteMT61

Dr H said:
It's the standard pattern for John (see Suit Up image) - mine will have raw seams. :D

I saw them - I ogle them - but I didn't know they were his "std" build. Good to know. I love that look.

Going out in the rain now - THUNDER and LIGHTNING. Maybe I'll shrink :)

wheat1479

I wish Aeroleather of Scotland would carry colors like John does.I like their utility jackets and would love one in those shades.

DG567

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

Sorry for the quick cell phone pics, but this will have to do for now. What do you guys think of the fit?

Thanks again Ian!

ButteMT61

Well, like many of the jacket pics here, you don't look happy :)
Fit wise, it looks OK, but how about with a collared shirt? It's tough to tell with the pose and T-shirt. But I'd wager it'll look good.

Dr H

DG567 said:
IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

Sorry for the quick cell phone pics, but this will have to do for now. What do you guys think of the fit?

Thanks again Ian!

The fit looks well on you Daniel - sleeves are a good length too (I'd have had to shorten them!).
Now enjoy it (and heed Scott's advice about the smile...and he's giving sartorial tips now after the ribbing he received ;) )

John Lever

Persimmon said:
John Lever said:
The 50 cal jackets are aniline Capeskin unlike the regular version.

For the less technical forum members an explanation would be helpful John
Gary tells me that the 50 cal jackets are made from a differently finished leather [aniline] to the usual jackets [piment?] Ian will explain what aniline dyes are, I haven't a clue only that the finish is more transparent and usually more expensive. It could be that the aniline leather is more easily distressed than pigmented.