• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

YoungMedic

Not cool enough for jackets, but a perfect day for an intro ride to helicopter flight training. 80 degrees and breezy
IMG_5873.jpeg

Pa12

That's the plan, still in the shit or get off the pot phase but hopefully I can make it work.
That will be awesome. I looked into when I started my fixed wing commercial in 1980 but it was just too expensive. Also, back then the only helicopter jobs were generally waaaay more north than I cared to be. Hudson Bay, arctic etc. Things are better now but too late for me. Congrats. Enjoy the journey. It’ll be a blast.

ties70

The guy would have been a mountain back then. Clint walker size.
I had the chance to wear this jacket in Dayton - not just try it on, but wear it for half a day...

It's huge. I am 5'10" / 225, and there was ample room for layering. It's a great jacket for comfort, when some day you notice that a trim military fit isn't everything. It is a daily wearer, where you don't have to worry about your movements…. No worries to overstress the seams, too.

I sooo hope to wear this jacket again, because last time I was so overwhelmed that I didn't take any pictures and forgot to ask Jan to take more, as well.

Yes, an 80 year old jacket can make a 55 year old guy act like a kid..

LV426

I had the chance to wear this jacket in Dayton - not just try it on, but wear it for half a day...

It's huge. I am 5'10" / 225, and there was ample room for layering. It's a great jacket for comfort, when some day you notice that a trim military fit isn't everything. It is a daily wearer, where you don't have to worry about your movements…. No worries to overstress the seams, too.

I sooo hope to wear this jacket again, because last time I was so overwhelmed that I didn't take any pictures and forgot to ask Jan to take more, as well.

Yes, an 80 year old jacket can make a 55 year old guy act like a kid..
OH YES !!! Like Boots ;) . About the WW2 boots , I have to visit my cobbler sometimes . Everytime I get my last resoled one it's Christmas time ! I could even sleep with them . Happiness in the couple !!!!! Aahahahahaa !!! But she's comprehensive ... I love your jacket , roomy enouth to be comfortable and take some "Xtra winter size" ;) .

Ritchy

Thanks to all of you, guys! So, to answer a few questions:

@flyincowboy yes, this is indeed their olive color. The website doesn"t do it justice AT ALL!

@Skyranger I'd say their size chart is spot on, so just use it and you should be fine. This one is a size 42, with 2 inches added in the sleeves, and 1 in the body (which, retrospectively, wouldn't have been needed, but not an issue!)

@Alliance507 yes, that collar is awesome, if I dare say so myself! IMO, much better than the standard reddish brown they use. It's the same @Blackboxr1200S used on his, and I must thank him for making me know that this was an option! As for the knits, they are indeed "olive", but they are very, very dark. I'd say too dark to be period correct, but that being said, they are quite thick and tightly woven, really neat quality!

Also, a word of advise: I ordered it with a custom name tag, and this is the only part I wish I hadn't done. The last letter was too lightly printed and therefore almost not visible, leather is very thin, and not cut straight. So I decided to remove it. Well, sadly, not only was it stitched, it was also glued, so now the jacket has a very slightly darker rectangle on the left chest :rolleyes:.

Oh well, not a problem, I'll have another name tape done for it, and a patch for the chest also, so in the end, it should be barely noticeable!
Thank you Cocker that helps.
It is a pity that the price of 5* jackets increases significantly between the purchase price and the various fees and taxes before they arrive in Europe. Why not send them from Germany.

Shanghai-Mayne

LV426

Thank you Cocker that helps.
It is a pity that the price of 5* jackets increases significantly between the purchase price and the various fees and taxes before they arrive in Europe. Why not send them from Germany.
Yes , that was my 1st surprise and made me think about a seconde purchase was not so clever .