• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

blackrat2

That’s a great fit coolhand, good sleeve length and the waist looks nice and baggy, I know some prefer tight jackets but as others have said these jacket had layers of clothing underneath
I’ve never managed to tame the RW collar but that one looks great
Goat makes a really nice change to those that haven’t got one in the collection

jerome35

2 beauties: Vera and her great old ELC B3

b3vv.jpg

coolhandluke

I’ve never managed to tame the RW collar but that one looks great.
Goat makes a really nice change to those that haven’t got one in the collection
Thanks @blackrat2. :)

JC and Jan had already done 99% of the taming for me. I did give it a little bit of massaging to help it lay slightly flatter. A RW collar that lays out nicely on top of the epaulets makes me weak in the knees...lol. I've always been a sucker for collars that look like they've been a bit flattened by harnesses and a life preserver.

Zhi and Jan have said it before, but this Pakistani goat is the best goat that I've personally encountered. It's unbelievably light, soft, and flexible. It definitely gives you that second skin sensation when wearing it. It will make you swear off non-Horween horsehide for good.

Lorenzo_l

Thanks @blackrat2. :)

JC and Jan had already done 99% of the taming for me. I did give it a little bit of massaging to help it lay slightly flatter. A RW collar that lays out nicely on top of the epaulets makes me weak in the knees...lol. I've always been a sucker for collars that look like they've been a bit flattened by harnesses and a life preserver.

Zhi and Jan have said it before, but this Pakistani goat is the best goat that I've personally encountered. It's unbelievably light, soft, and flexible. It definitely gives you that second skin sensation when wearing it. It will make you swear off non-Horween horsehide for good.

I can vouch for that Pakistani goat. My Finger has been a delight to wear since day one. As Luke points out, there is a second skin sensation to it. Hardly any breaking in needed.
I've been wearing my Doni all these week. Great jacket.

Brettafett

Werber 7823 size 40. Seems the Werber's longer sleeves were made just for me ;)
Love the black Canadian Talon!
Im finding M-422As and earlier G-1s work well in a 40, and then later G-1s I need a 42 for a better fit.
The jacket is all original and close to mint, fantastic beefy goatskin, no thin spots at all.
P1300303.jpg
P1300306.jpg

Last edited:

mulceber

Im finding M-422As and earlier G-1s work well in a 40, and then later G-1s I need a 42 for a better fit.
The jacket is all original and close to mint, fantastic beefy goatskin, no thin spots at all.
View attachment 160751View attachment 160753
So glad you’re finding originals that are a good fit, Brett. :)

Brettafett

Thanks Jan, you should see the original hh Bronco I picked up by pure chance.
Fits beautifully, is in really good condition overall, easy as a daily wearer... but Im still not sure what I will do with it.
Some will say leave as is, but there's reason to refurbish it, so it will last another 80+ years. Will share some pics soon.

Mike29

Perfect jacket Brett!!!

Lorenzo_l

Beautiful jacket and perfect fit, Brett!