• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

newagegeezer

Now that looks like an interesting theme, wives/ partners wearing your jackets but don't think I'd get mine to go near one of mine, even though she has conserved a few over the years for owners/museums (but never got around to any of mine, but now that she's retired maybe she'll find time... but I can't afford her rates...hmm..)

Cyril

Wishing I was riding my bike, but stuck on a commuter train!

View attachment 157961

Wonderful jacket! And if it makes you feel better: it looks likes your in a ready room ;)

Bildschirmfoto 2024-09-09 um 12.32.18.png

entertainment

Years ago, I was with a bunch of NY firemen, including my brother-in-law, the LT. I'd tagged along for a 24 hour shift at 42 Engine in da Bronx. After the shift, we all met at Rory Dolan's Irish bar in Yonkers. I made the mistake of ordering Bushmills. My bro said it was a lucky thing that I didn't get stomped by the bartender or other patrons. I didn't understand. I was young and stupid. Ok, so 50 wasn't young. In any event, in comparing almost any Republic whiskey to Bushmills, Bushmills had more of a bite, which I don't care for.
You might have gleaned the fact that I'm a story teller from this laboriously verbose and prolix, and entirely unnecessary, reply. Sharks gotta swim, bats gotta fly.
Cheers
Sorry to revive this digression. Jameson is owned by Pernod Ricard (French) and Bushmills by Proximo (American). A friend who is somewhat partisan to the republic says it doesn't really matter which you drink now since neither is Irish owned. I drink Redbreast, just for reference.