• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Spitfireace

Here's me again in the Monarch and looking like a maroon! Or maybe it was a palooka?
20211107_133356.jpg
20211107_133356.jpg

Spitfireace

He was not happy when I contacted him about the jacket. He thought I was trying to scam him or something and then he said "put it in a box and send it to me". But no I owned it before I knew who owned it.
All military personnel turn in their kits. I did. Didn't want to pay for anything as I was out of work at that point.

B-Man2

For those who may not have heard about a few times when members here, did some background research on the original owners of some of these jackets, stories like the one above do happen occasionally . I remember one member who experienced the same thing. He contacted the WWII vet and advised him that he had acquired his A2, and the vet became pretty irate and demanded his jacket back . Much of the same as mentioned above happened . The member said he would be happy to return the jacket and just asked to be reimbursed for his cost for the jacket . According to the story the vet got pissed off and said it was his jacket and it should be returned with no compensation to the member . It got a bit ugly as I remember it.
Researching these jackets is interesting and fun , but I think that you have to know when to let it go . Contacting the vet or his family may not always end up being a positive experience for either party .