• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

London Cabbie

when can you take the masks off? They are saying they can do that in the States.
I have had both vaccinations, but wear a mask at all times for passengers. In London most people still wearing masks in general. Moving forward I may wear a mask in the Cab all the time. The London Taxi has a partition and passengers sit further back than a normal car. Many passengers have told me they will wear a mask if they have a cold in the future…

Chris 55

I have had both vaccinations, but wear a mask at all times for passengers. In London most people still wearing masks in general. Moving forward I may wear a mask in the Cab all the time. The London Taxi has a partition and passengers sit further back than a normal car. Many passengers have told me they will wear a mask if they have a cold in the future…

Cabbie your on to something with the mask the wife works in the NHS and this winter they had hardly any flu cases colds and nova virus.

Spitfireace

yes I can understand for passengers. I also am a class 4 unrestricted licence driver. I've been laid off since March last year.

busdrivermike

On this rainy +5c day we are in the carhartt denim with u boat hat and brolly
As I go out for cat food and other supplies
But biscuit the cat isn’t not bothered by the rain or the snow coming down as
The temps dropped to +3 c
5F6A8BDF-2E52-4B70-9A20-AEA5ADB78E0B.jpeg
7D7F965C-61AB-4485-A996-29255C30FE8F.jpeg
77D329CC-B371-4188-8305-6D5F46799EB4.jpeg

Last edited:

Flightengineer

Need another two three cameras on you to really nail the look....

'Hit the siren!'

ha ha, yes, you are right, if add a couple more cameras it would look of army photojournalist in Vietnam, but for birds hunting one camera with good lens is enough.
This "cameraman" pics is my wife's tricks, she sometimes likes to shoot me discreetly when I photograph :p

3338af51a1e1.jpg

Last edited:

Flightengineer

Spitfireace

We shall see. I think we need two shots. Younger people are only just getting their first shot now maybe. If we need another one in four months, I don't think they will be back at work before then. I'm hoping for September.

Smithy

Gosh that's a great looking jacket Brett!

But you need to get some wear going on the body and chest especially to develop some creasing and wear on the leather.

It honestly looks like you've never folded it or even thrown it on the floor a few times - the chest looks virtually unworn. Please don't tell me you do the whole lay it out carefully with the arms splayed out nicely when you're not wearing it!

A great jacket like that will only ever look like a great original if you use and treat it the same way as they treated originals.

It might be difficult but a jacket will always look better and like an original if you actually stop worrying about it and wear it hard. The longer you try and leave it to look like new, the less it will ever look like the real deal.

Brettafett

No, its just that my jackets get cycled.
I have more than I need, not as many as I want.
Last few months, Ive been wearing the B-10 and B-15 (an ATF Tanker) more than most. Have also been trying to wear the Monarch.
Ill post pics of it again soon, Im just not as happy with the Monarch's fit as I should be. Been trying convince myself.
So, yes. With you on all points above.

Smithy

No, its just that my jackets get cycled.
I have more than I need, not as many as I want.
Last few months, Ive been wearing the B-10 and B-15 (an ATF Tanker) more than most. Have also been trying to wear the Monarch.
Ill post pics of it again soon, Im just not as happy with the Monarch's fit as I should be. Been trying convince myself.
So, yes. With you on all points above.

Seriously Brett, get wearing them ;) You've got great jackets but that one looks like a virtually brand new jacket.

We want to see creasing, patina, high point wear, surface buffing, etc, etc. Otherwise it's like looking at new product pics on the sellers sites.

I hope you're not offended by my comments but as much as I like seeing brand new jackets, I'd much rather see members' worn jackets which look more like originals than new repros.

You want to wear the stink out of that Platon as it'll look seriously amazing if you do.

Smithy

Not offended at all.
The other A-2s are all in the same boat...

Sorry Brett, I'd just wear the hell out of them if it was me. They'll look more like what Blakeslee, Johnson, Goodson, Preddy, etc wore and it's a lot more fun to wear them like that without worrying about every little mark or crease..

Everyone is different with this hobby so I probably shouldn't project my own ideas about what to do with these jackets on others ;)