• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

First nice bit of weather in a while.
The resident old gentleman chose to colour coordinate with one of the resident equines and sport an ELC Werber 1729…

View attachment 150281

View attachment 150279
Hopefully the tanning process removes any hint of what material is used in your jackets Steve. Otherwise you might get a kick in the arse when you’re back is turned;)

Pa12

Back to the friggin rain again. At least it’s cool enough for a jacket
IMG_6236.jpeg

Do you mean pork roll, egg, and cheese? Just kidding! I have no skin in that game.
(I realize that this will make no sense to 99% of VLJ members. Please PM me if you really want to know. Or just google!)
Don't get me started about the benny's. They will be all over the joint this summer!! Fugetabboutit and have some cawfee. Yea, I true that in .

LV426

Hello from Paris ! Sunny today after weeks of rain. Don't know what to wear at the moment , just chilling ( took a break ) drinking my morning coffee and watched this youtube video . Don't know if you know the man or his cannel , but i really like his videos and spirit within. Enjoy , and have a nice day all of you ;) !!

LV426

Ready to go . 1st day of little hollidays : Furiosa !! ( that will be the 2nd time , this time on I Max . Great movie , great saga , great director .
Put on my new and only A2 ( just a start ) Dubow 27798 horside from 5Star with a cool Bronson Mfg 42's chino and original 40's service shoes type 2 . Have a nice day . pS : What's your though about Bill Selko , i visited the site after Good Wear and Eastman . Really hard to make a choice for a beginner !
20240603_105201.jpg

LV426

Nice jacket - I think it should kinda represent a “tour jacket” or something but not an official issued piece of garment …

Looks cool anyway!

About your A2: some people say if you wear it under the rain it brings out the graining when it dries … - also it helps the jacket to “mold” to your body …

Point is do not “speed dry” it means put her on a hanger in your garage or basement and give her time to dry BUT DO NOT hang her in the sun or even into the dryer coz that might ruin the leather means does make the leather stiff
Thank you Thomas , for the "expertise" ( i got an other , olive drab this time embroided with the Flying Tigers
20240603_111647.jpg
20240603_111704.jpg
nd the advices ! I went outside for a walk by this rainny day , all quite in the street and parcs : perfect . The jacket is dry this morning and will go for a walk , this timeit's sunny .

Thomas Koehle

Ready to go . 1st day of little hollidays : Furiosa !! ( that will be the 2nd time , this time on I Max . Great movie , great saga , great director .
Put on my new and only A2 ( just a start ) Dubow 27798 horside from 5Star with a cool Bronson Mfg 42's chino and original 40's service shoes type 2 . Have a nice day . pS : What's your though about Bill Selko , i visited the site after Good Wear and Eastman . Really hard to make a choice for a beginner !View attachment 150327

Cool style - like directly out of the 40ies ...

LV426

UPDATE : IN 2 dans will be the 80th anniversary of D-Day ! 80 years ago men from free and occupied countries landed on the beaches of Normandy , let's never forget the sacrifice of their youth and lives . Thanks to ALL the women and men in the military and civilians who fought the axe thrue the entire wolrd .
Today , in celebration i'm wearing a beautifull M41 form At The Front patched with an original 2nd Infantry Division (landed DDay +1 on Omaha beach ) with 1943's Jump Boots .
img.jpeg
20240604_103956.jpg

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

Today is the 80th anniversary of D-Day ! 80 years ago men from free and occupied countries landed on the beaches of Normandy , let's never forget the sacrifice of their youth and lives . Thanks to ALL the women and men in the military and civilians who fought the axe thrue the entire wolrd .
Today , in celebration i'm wearing a beautifull M41 form At The Front patched with an original 2nd Infantry Division (landed DDay +1 on Omaha beach ) with 1943's Jump Boots .
View attachment 150383View attachment 150385

Awesome!

Griffon_301

ELC M-422a here today...
and as D-Day remembrance is in full swing, these jackets were in use as well, in a very interesting way.
I am sure many of you know that the USN used Spitfire Vs for fire spotting for the offshore armada of fire support ships.
the Spits came into play as the usual Curtiss SOC and Vought SO2Us were deemed unable to survive against serious fighter opposition and so, the USN pooled it's VCS pilots with those of the RN and created a pool squadron... the USN pilots in the pool of course wore their M-422a jackets and even M-444/445s....

LV426

ELC M-422a here today...
and as D-Day remembrance is in full swing, these jackets were in use as well, in a very interesting way.
I am sure many of you know that the USN used Spitfire Vs for fire spotting for the offshore armada of fire support ships.
the Spits came into play as the usual Curtiss SOC and Vought SO2Us were deemed unable to survive against serious fighter opposition and so, the USN pooled it's VCS pilots with those of the RN and created a pool squadron... the USN pilots in the pool of course wore their M-422a jackets and even M-444/445s....
Hi Griffon , did you post a photo ?