• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very nice and large early WWII Irvin

Pilot

Just got this one.. roomy large one ..
IMG_1124.jpeg
IMG_1127.jpeg
IMG_1126.jpeg
IMG_1128.jpeg
IMG_1125.jpeg
with a pit to pit of 70 cm in very good unmessed condition… even a bit too big for me.
zips and all metalware perfect. Zips even retaining the leather tabs/puller.
Goes for cleaning and leather-care and then on the market.
My guess its a Wareing or IAC…
Any opinion?

Last edited:

Snackson

That looks to be in excellent shape. I'd also agree with the Wareing's ID. I think that high riding belt and the two tone is a trade mark.
I'd be interested in your recipe @Pilot if you'd be willing to share it. I have an original Irvin as well (A common Links) that could use a bit of TLC.

Pilot

That looks to be in excellent shape. I'd also agree with the Wareing's ID. I think that high riding belt and the two tone is a trade mark.
I'd be interested in your recipe @Pilot if you'd be willing to share it. I have an original Irvin as well (A common Links) that could use a bit of TLC.
Sure, its a mixture of olive oil, ethanol, white vinegar, icing sugar, henna and acrylic dyes… all depending on the shades of the jacket to nurse.
I can rejuvenate any jacket and adapt.. but need the jacket in my hands.
Hope it helps.