• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPS a story...

Pa12

Like I said in my earlier post … the US Post Office just keeps on raising prices and giving shitty service .
From what I’ve read, they’re almost bankrupt and trying to dig themselves out of a hole. There’s other government post offices around the world in the same position. But the usps is pretty bad nowadays. A couple years ago I bought a jacket from jc and they lost it. We wrote it off after a couple of months and John refunded me. Then, weeks later it showed up at my door so I paid John again. They had no clue what happened to it. That’s when John started using fedex.

B-Man2

From what I’ve read, they’re almost bankrupt and trying to dig themselves out of a hole. There’s other government post offices around the world in the same position. But the usps is pretty bad nowadays. A couple years ago I bought a jacket from jc and they lost it. We wrote it off after a couple of months and John refunded me. Then, weeks later it showed up at my door so I paid John again. They had no clue what happened to it. That’s when John started using fedex.
Pete
There’s a shit load of stories like yours.
But back about 40 years ago the USPS was probably one of the best in the world. Then they unionized, made demand after demand ,
Higher wages, less hours , more benefits and slowly the quality of the service went down hill until it is what it is today . I’m not demeaning the unions , just sharing the declining service history of the USPS .

Pa12

Pete
There’s a shit load of stories like yours.
But back about 40 years ago the USPS was probably one of the best in the world. Then they unionized, made demand after demand ,
Higher wages, less hours , more benefits and slowly the quality of the service went down hill until it is what it is today . I’m not demeaning the unions , just sharing the declining service history of the USPS .
Yeah, and like I said, it’s not just the us. My wife couldn’t believe it when I told her as a kid in the 60’s we had mail delivery twice a day and once on Saturday. Can hardly believe it myself now. Back when someone else gassed your car for 50 cents a gallon while you sat in the warm car and had a smoke ;)

Dumpster D

Was having trouble with the mail for the last few years, as the postman couldn't tell the difference between a 1 and a 7.... but only sometimes. (apparently it was a temporary fill-in guy)

Didn't notice at first until a relatively important parcel was marked as 'delivered' only to find an empty mailbox?!??

At first I thought someone was stealing the mail.

A few parcels and important documents went missing, and didn't show up over the course of several months, had to contact the postoffice, figured out it was getting delivered to the wrong address. Never did get any of that mail back either.

After this happened three times, and contacting the post office about it three times...I figured they'd have resolved this issue by now and I could rest easy about ordering and shipping things?

...Today I received a piece of mail from the OTHER address with the other persons name on it.

download.png

Pa12

Was having trouble with the mail for the last few years, as the postman couldn't tell the difference between a 1 and a 7.... but only sometimes. (apparently it was a temporary fill-in guy)

Didn't notice at first until a relatively important parcel was marked as 'delivered' only to find an empty mailbox?!??

At first I thought someone was stealing the mail.

A few parcels and important documents went missing, and didn't show up over the course of several months, had to contact the postoffice, figured out it was getting delivered to the wrong address. Never did get any of that mail back either.

After this happened three times, and contacting the post office about it three times...I figured they'd have resolved this issue by now and I could rest easy about ordering and shipping things?

...Today I received a piece of mail from the OTHER address with the other persons name on it.

View attachment 153585
Mailman must be what we call a slinky. Useless, but makes us smile when the tumble down the stairs ;)

John Lever

It only took 12 months...useless c@@@s

Good Morning,

Please be advised the file is now showing closed with Controlaccount and has been returned to our client, UPS Limited.

If you have any further enquiries, you will need to contact UPS Limited, who will be able to assist you further.

Kind regards

Controlaccount
www.controlaccount.com

ca-logo

Part of the Broadriver Group
Registered Office: Compass House, Waterside, Hanbury Rd, Bromsgrove, B60 4FD. Registered in England & Wales No: 2765607

johnwayne

Not wishing to top your original story John but the troubles I’ve had with O2 mobile beggars belief. Long story short I got sent via a scam TWO iPhones - prob worth £1k each so returned them after utmost difficulties trying to contact them - for a comm’s company it was incredibly frustrating talking to people in India (with all due respect) but, almost certainly where the scam started. Since had numerous texts/emails requesting monthly payments of £180!! Had to contact my bank to stop direct debits and recently had demanding letter threatening court action. Even their High St shop was useless but fingers crossed, think it’s resolved but how much time and effort, like you by the sound of things, I’ve wasted on the phone.
Seriously wish I’d have kept the phones and flogged them given the hassle they put me through!!! My message to anyone in UK - don’t use O2 mobile, argh!!!!