• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some of the 4th FG and a lot of A-2s

blackrat2

Such great pics, the colour ones particularly show the difference in shades of leather and really show the difference in cloth jackets

Greg Gale

Happy Don. Check how he's wearing his pink shirts unbuttoned, the collar over the A-2's collar, the tie replaced with a silk scarf. Plus his old, ragged RAF mae west. I wonder what contract his A-2 is, looks like it has a collar stand.

7ea1568b79be3ed3c9c08396ba182f2a.jpg

Smithy

I'd love to know what contract Blakeslee's A-2 was too. He will have received it on transfer from the RAF to the USAAF in September 1942. It's almost certainly seal too judging from the photos I've seen.

Smithy

Here's Blakeslee's A-2 when it was relatively new. Photo is from late 1942, from left: Pisanos, Blakeslee and Boehle.

cFGqO72.jpg

Roughwear

I'd love to know what contract Blakeslee's A-2 was too. He will have received it on transfer from the RAF to the USAAF in September 1942. It's almost certainly seal too judging from the photos I've seen.

If you look at the other pictures of him, including the ones below, it would appear to be a Rough Wear, having curved pocket flaps, rounded pocket bottoms and typical RW epaulets.

hqdefault.jpg

170810-F-XX999-102.JPG

Smithy

On a different note, I really love the color of those M1937 pants, I'm just not sure if I could pull them off in a civilian outfit...

Great snap Greg!

Oh I don't know about the 37 strides, I've got a pair of wine coloured corduroys which I pull on when the mood finds me and they're a darn sight wilder than the 37s. Sure the wife won't walk down the same side of the street with me when I'm wearing them but that's just a minor detail :D

Lorenzo_l

Here's another tanker for you, @Smithy , a P-51 pilot from the 363rd FS.
On a different note, I really love the color of those M1937 pants, I'm just not sure if I could pull them off in a civilian outfit...

media-388315.jpg

Nice picture. Probably Captain Harvey Mace, 363rd FS, 357 FG. Is that a tanker jacket he is wearing btw?

Smithy

Great photo Greg. I know matching colour with a period photo on a computer screen is always difficult but that A-2 from where I'm sitting is exactly the same colour as my new AVI Bronco :)

Greg Gale

I does look similar to the Bronco in Brett's review pictures. Kind of a light seal, or dark russet - my favorite shade! These knits appear to be a tad lighter, though.

Smithy

Well spotted Greg, the AVI knits on my Bronco are seal, the ones on that P-38 driver's jacket look mid brown from here.

Members online

Latest posts