• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some of the 4th FG and a lot of A-2s

Smithy

Thanks for that Greg. it looks awesome!

I'm really looking forward to the build. The Tamiya razorback is a really awesome kit, one of the best I have seen. I'll post some pics of my progress in the scale modelling thread once I get underway ;-)

Brettafett

I wish I could get back into this with you guys! Just don't have the space or time. Very much looking forward to progress Smithy.
p.s. Has anyone done a build/ paint commission? Do any of the 1/48 kist come with a display stand, for a wheels up, in flight display.

Smithy

I wish I could get back into this with you guys! Just don't have the space or time. Very much looking forward to progress Smithy.
p.s. Has anyone done a build/ paint commission? Do any of the 1/48 kist come with a display stand, for a wheels up, in flight display.

The highly engineered kits like Tamiya, Hasegawa, Eduard, etc, etc don't come with display stands Brett, although you do see a lot of diorama builds where modellers will build them wheels up and fabricate a stand, some of these are highly imaginative with bases showing a blurred landscape to give an impression of speed.

I'll be building this wheels down with the canopy open - that's why I've splashed out on some very realistic, micro fabric seat harnesses. If I build with the canopy closed I usually make my own.

You can really see just how big the Jug was/is from holding the 1/48 scale kit pieces alongside a Spit or P-51 in the same scale. She's a big, brutal (but beautiful in my eyes too) kite!

Brettafett

I know, I have looked at so many... I used to build some dioramas... Loved the crash-landed scenes...
I recall my first Jug model placed beside a B-17... I thought, "Hell, this cant be right, they got the scale wrong!" hahaha

Greg Gale

No jackets, but I really love this painting. The Kid in action:

8C9EDC23-3421-44D3-8977-20D87945B744.jpeg

B-Man2

These are some pretty cool photos, I bet the people in them never thought that their photos would live on long after they were gone.!