• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showing Eastman Some Love

Smithy

There is a weird phenomenon in the whisky world where people buy hard-to-find bottles just so they can post photos on instagram and they never open them. There is even a hashtag #openyourbottles because the hoarders drive up the prices for the people who really want to drink the whisky.

It's nuts. Life is for living. Well that's my philosophy. You buy a stellar bottle of booze then get your best mates around to enjoy it. The memories you'll get having a good old bash with your buddies far outweighs the extra dollars that bottle of said booze will accumulate over the years sitting on a shelf.

That's just me though ;)

Grant

Blew part of my bonus on a blondie Eastman B-10. I've always wanted a blond collar B-10 sans the epaulets, so recently picked up this. The nice thick alpaca, correct tightly woven twill and thick collar will make for a toasty B-10 this winter.

B101.jpg
B102.jpg
B103.jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Congrats Grant !!
Nice looking B-10
I’ve always like this jacket but after seeing the collar of some of my A2’s after a few years of wear and the sweat, oil stains and dirt that they picked up .. I steered away from that white collar.

CK90

Emchisti

That's stunning! What's the alpaca like, as some of them look rather scratchy. The alpaca in my original Perfecto is lovely but it is 50 or 60 years old, at this point though!