• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showing Eastman Some Love

Smithy

One pet peeve of mine - and this is just me and my opinion not an objective truth - but I hate, absolutely hate to see people posting repros where they say, "Here's my jacket after xy and z amount of years' wear" and the jacket looks exactly the bloody same as when it was new.

And this is especially with the high end repros. People go to great lengths to get a repro as close to an original as possible and then baby the jacket so it never gains the wear that make these things look more like originals. It makes me think WTF is the point??!!

Grant's jacket above is the perfect example of why you should wear any repro and especially the good ones hard and not worry about wear, stains, etc.

Skyranger

Patched jackets are the most beautiful, they are not just a jacket but a page of history thanks to the insignia of a squadron that tells a true story.
All my A-2 reproductions are patched, with a long research on the feats of arms of the squadron to choose which one I will highlight.

This jacket is magnificent, sublimated by the emblem of this squadron. :p

CK90

One pet peeve of mine - and this is just me and my opinion not an objective truth - but I hate, absolutely hate to see people posting repros where they say, "Here's my jacket after xy and z amount of years' wear" and the jacket looks exactly the bloody same as when it was new.

And this is especially with the high end repros. People go to great lengths to get a repro as close to an original as possible and then baby the jacket so it never gains the wear that make these things look more like originals. It makes me think WTF is the point??!!

Grant's jacket above is the perfect example of why you should wear any repro and especially the good ones hard and not worry about wear, stains, etc.
Amen, Smithy. You can tell Grant takes good care of his jackets like we all should. But man, these things were made to be worn!

Smithy

Amen, Smithy. You can tell Grant takes good care of his jackets like we all should. But man, these things were made to be worn!

Let me tell you my friend you're going to end up in a hole in the ground so why not live life like you only have a short time (because you do).

That goes for everything in life. When it comes to leather jackets, wear 'em like you won't be here tomorrow.

CK90

Let me tell you my friend you're going to end up in a hole in the ground so why not live life like you only have a short time (because you do).

That goes for everything in life. When it comes to leather jackets, wear 'em like you won't be here tomorrow.
Smithy, you're preaching to the choir dear sir. As I sit here over a year and a half into a rotten battle with chronic illness (longer still but got serious in 2022), never were truer words spoken.

CBI

yes, but it also depends on where one lives. I only have maybe 4 months of jacket weather each year :( ..........and most of that is moderate where in fact I probably really don't NEED a jacket (one sees very little jacket wearing from anyone here unless its REALLY cold). Mid South US In reality, light nylon jackets are about all one needs :(

B-Man2

When does one think of practicality when in thinking which jackets which one needs?
I can answer that ….. when you’re the only guy wearing one in line at the bank… eating dinner at the restaurant…. Shopping at Home Depot …. Or one of the thousand other places where there are bunches of people wearing t shirts and thinking …. What’s up with that guy !:D

Smithy

When does one think of practicality when in thinking which jackets which one needs?

If you want practicality an M65 with the liner is probably the ultimate depending on the climate you live in.

Most of the jackets we warble on about here aren't necessarily the most practical but they're damn cool - well to us jacket nerds they are. As Burt says above, most of the rest of the population couldn't give a shit.

entertainment

There is a weird phenomenon in the whisky world where people buy hard-to-find bottles just so they can post photos on instagram and they never open them. There is even a hashtag #openyourbottles because the hoarders drive up the prices for the people who really want to drink the whisky.

Members online

Latest posts