• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

Shanghai-Mayne

JPY 176000 , it is more than 1200 US dollars.

IMG_7648.jpeg

IMG_7649.jpegIMG_7650.jpeg

Smithy

Taking a break from my usual barrage of Vietnam photos of late...

Here you go, THE greatest squad level support weapon of WWII, the MG42, we the Allies didn't have anything that came close to this. Hence why it's configuration and attributes were copied in many post-war machine guns like the M60.

You can see the variability of the weapon, in the first snap, it's a standard LMG configuration, in the next as a HMG...

gettyimages-542403013-83871-e1664745203226.jpg

Bild-101I-587-2253-15.jpg

B-Man2

Taking a break from my usual barrage of Vietnam photos of late...

Here you go, THE greatest squad level support weapon of WWII, the MG42, we the Allies didn't have anything that came close to this. Hence why it's configuration and attributes were copied in many post-war machine guns like the M60.

You can see the variability of the weapon, in the first snap, it's a standard LMG configuration, in the next as a HMG...

gettyimages-542403013-83871-e1664745203226.jpg

Bild-101I-587-2253-15.jpg
Without a doubt the best machine of the war and still used today by several countries today.
The rate of fire was 1200-1500 rounds per minute giving it twice the fire power of anything comparable that the allies used.
When combined with its “stand” and a telescopic sight this weapon was deadly
beyond 4700 meters or 5100 yards. However most of the encounters were between 200 and 2000 yards.

IMG_4262.jpeg

Smithy

Without a doubt the best machine of the war and still used today by several countries today.
The rate of fire was 1200-1500 rounds per minute giving it twice the fire power of anything comparable that the allies used.
beyond 4700 meters or 5100 yards. However most of the encounters were between 200 and 2000 yards.

View attachment 159695

Just a terrific weapon Burt. No machine-gun us Allies had came even remotely close to it.

It's true German small arms were streets ahead in terms of design than what we had.

Smithy

View attachment 159695

Fucking insane rate of fire.

Smithy

Geez, imagine the bravery of Allied soldiers facing these on an open beach with no cover.

I've heard it said Grant that the MG42 alone probably stalled the Russian advance on the Eastern Front by 6 months.

An incredible weapon.

The MG42 reached it's zenith on the plains of Ukraine and the steppes of Russia. We forget the scale of battle on the Eastern Front here in the west. The Brits, US were responsible for around 200,000 German deaths in land combat, the Soviets, approximately 4 million.

The war was won on the Eastern Front.