• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

flyincowboy

HOW TO DITCH A B17
B17  How to ditch b17.jpg

Lorenzo_l

Newly completed Halifax bomber departs Fairey Aviation Company Ltd, Errwood Park Works, at Stockport on a convoy of 7 lorries which after build up, it will depart for RAF Ringway, Manchester. Fairey built some 150 of the type.

View attachment 126247
What a photo. Imagine walking down the street and seeing a parade of lorries carrying a heavy WW2 bomber in parts on its way to being assembled. Those were definitely different (and terrifying) times.

Last edited:

Smithy

...and like me squishing into SWMBO's poxy Mini Cooper.

I've talked about it on here with Ken from Aero. I had a '69 Mini Cooper S which was a bloody hoot. I upgraded the twin 1 1/4 SU carbs to 1 1/2 ones and changed the extractors and exhaust. Went like a cut snake.

Family resemblance runs deep and I am a bit like Tom though so I had to stuff myself in the car and have the seat right back. If I went over a big bump my head hit the roof ;-)