• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

ZuZu

True, sadly ROK for a long time was ruled by high rank generals or the army had way too much power over politicians.

... and got Park Chung Hee.
It is a great country now. I went there in 2019 and loved it. They also make fun TV series! Korea and Japan are really like a different, better world.

Smithy

Another WWI one and probably my favourite ace from the Great War, Arthur Rhys Davids.

This one is a bit bitter sweet as I love the photo and I actually had the opportunity to buy the original signed photo from the WWI historian Alex Revell back in 2005. I was living in Chile at the time and put it in the too hard basket and said no. Now I hugely regret it.

Rhys Davids was the one who got Werner Voss and had a meteoric career with 56 Sqn. When he was shot down and killed he was only 20 years old.

LjSjybD.jpg

Smithy

Totally agree.

Some people though for some kind of narcissistic or other compulsion, find it exceeding difficult not to share their political positions at every available opportunity even if it's not relevant or appropriate. It's the same thing with religious fundamentalists.

ZuZu

My problem is with the now. The old stuff as horrible as it may have been at least looked cool. Everything now sucks- nothing is randomly cool now. Sorry I'm a dick.