• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

adwaylor

I always like this picture- these guys are wearing my official cool guy uniform- cool jeans and cool jackets. I dress the same- just missing the youth.
Yes, it's cool, I agree with you! I especially like that these guys just wear their clothes, and they only reveal themselves over time. I'm sure that when something ages, it reveals its charisma and takes on the character of its owner, no matter how strange that may sound.

ZuZu

It's not the years Jeff, it's the attitude. Never forget that mate ;)
I have the same attitude- a bad attitude for 70 years...
0.jpg

Smithy

One of the coolest AFVs ever, the M50 Ontos. Whereas a lot of US AFVs were named after famous generals, "Ontos" means "The Thing" in Greek which makes it even cooler.

It's almost forgotten now due to the small numbers that were built but it was hugely effective, packing enormous firepower for its size. It was so effective that NVA and VC would very often run at the sight of one.

61057e83ea74d40019ba040e

CK90

Friday in all its glory. Just look at these guys—pretty much every type of jacket from that time is represented here. From varsity jacket to B-7 coat... Damn, how is this guy not hot? Judging by the others, I'd guess the temperature didn’t drop below 50 degrees (Fahrenheit), but maybe this guy gets cold easily. Either way, he’s definitely not freezing behind the wheel.​

"Belly tank racer.

Essentially a dry lake racer made from a WW2 aircraft drop tank, popular in the late 40s/50s. What’s particularly great about this shot is all the surplus flight gear on show, including a B-7 (must have been damn hot!), A-2, B-15A and possibly an N-1 deck jacket. Paired with the denim and other clobber, these guys look fucking awesome."

via garb_and_gearView attachment 157275

Big big fan of this photo, first saw McCoy's use the black and white version on their site. All these dudes look epic!

Smithy

Bit of a squitty image but a good 'un. NZSAS trooper on patrol in Vietnam, '69 or '70. The lack of crap on his ERDL uniform suggests this snap was taken towards the beginning of a patrol. Like most Kiwi and Aussie SAS teams he's removed the carrying hand handle and sling ring swivels to cut down on noise, and the flash suppressor has been removed from his SLR.

1335873d1567406451-new-zealand-troops-vietnam-photos-nzsastrainingmalayabeforevietnamdepolyment.jpg

B-Man2

Bit of a squitty image but a good 'un. NZSAS trooper on patrol in Vietnam, '69 or '70. The lack of crap on his ERDL uniform suggests this snap was taken towards the beginning of a patrol. Like most Kiwi and Aussie SAS teams he's removed the carrying hand handle and sling ring swivels to cut down on noise, and the flash suppressor has been removed from his SLR.

1335873d1567406451-new-zealand-troops-vietnam-photos-nzsastrainingmalayabeforevietnamdepolyment.jpg
His camouflage and face paint make him hard to see just standing there .