• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to clean a Nylon jacket

Robin Mott

I have an Alpha industries jacket that is years old. So old in fact that I remember painting a fence with it. Not such a good idea. Obviously I got fence paint on it. Is there anyone who knows how this can removed or is the jacket finished. Any help would be appreciated?

B-Man2

I have an Alpha industries jacket that is years old. So old in fact that I remember painting a fence with it. Not such a good idea. Obviously I got fence paint on it. Is there anyone who knows how this can removed or is the jacket finished. Any help would be appreciated?
How much paint is on the jacket ?
Like Mulceber said .. if it’s just a splash or two leave it alone .

Robin Mott

Thank for your messages. Here are some pics of the jacket in question. In fairly reasonable condition except for the cuffs on one arm. The paint is on the other arm and after looking at it the damage doesn’t look too bad. I thought I would try getting rid of the stain as I was interested in selling this jacket. No sure what price for an item in this condition. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_1915.jpeg
    IMG_1915.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1914.jpeg
    IMG_1914.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1913.jpeg
    IMG_1913.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1912.jpeg
    IMG_1912.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1911.jpeg
    IMG_1911.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9

B-Man2

Thank for your messages. Here are some pics of the jacket in question. In fairly reasonable condition except for the cuffs on one arm. The paint is on the other arm and after looking at it the damage doesn’t look too bad. I thought I would try getting rid of the stain as I was interested in selling this jacket. No sure what price for an item in this condition. Any ideas?
Hi
Im pretty sure that this is a commercial civilian jacket and not a military issued one. If that’s the case be prepared to accept that it’s going to sell for less that a military jacket. Value on this one would be in the $50.00 to 75.00 range in its current condition. This is just my opinion .. others may differ.