• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think of gizemo's A-2 leather jacket

mr denim

gizemo reproduced the A-2 jacket with contract number 27752 this year. Horsehide made in Italy.
WechatIMG2459.jpg
WechatIMG2458.jpg
WechatIMG2457.jpg
WechatIMG2466.jpg
WechatIMG2467.jpg
WechatIMG2468.jpg
WechatIMG2469.jpg
WechatIMG2470.jpg
WechatIMG2471.jpg

coolhandluke

Hide looks nice, but the collar and pocket flaps aren't very accurately reproduced. Pocket flap tips are too pointed, not quite lobed enough. The collar looks a combination of a RW and Star collar.

What's the MSRP on the jacket? I honestly haven't been overly impressed with Gizemo based on photos, but I've never personally owned any of their products. The rest of their catalog looks like slightly better offerings than Bronson at twice the price.

Dany McDonald

This is a comment based on what I can gather from the internet, nothing hands-on. So, one thing I appreciate from Gizemo, that really gets my attention is how they seem keen on matching the original color with their reproduction.
They will often match an original garment with a repro in their set-up or photo release. Don't remember seeing the big Japanese top tier do the same. But the low-rez of some of their images is distracting sometimes.

I am no expert on RW jackets but that 27752 looks the part to my eye, I like how the color is matched, especially the knits. Hope the hardware is full repros and not a lower tier kit, not in the image. Skin is pretty nice but they generally all look good on the advertisement pumped by the maker.

Franckly there is not a lot shown in those images to really have a solid opinion.

D

Last edited: