• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found this Avirex leather jacket in my closet, dad got it as a gift from Germany.. How much is it worth?

Flightengineer

I'm embarrassed for most of these replies. The guy comes in asking if it has value for a reason.
It seems like I have to daily say to someone, "we ask questions because WE DONT ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWERS".
Had I seen the OP before all these condescending sarcastic responses, I'd have given a simple honest answer.
The bulk of these responses are pathetic prior to the last three before this one

Oh, come on! For some reason I don't
He didn't even bother to say hello, but immediately asked for the price in the title... he was probably saving electronic ink and his time.
How many of them there were and will be, an endless story...

Skyranger

I'm embarrassed for most of these replies. The guy comes in asking if it has value for a reason.
It seems like I have to daily say to someone, "we ask questions because WE DONT ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWERS".
Had I seen the OP before all these condescending sarcastic responses, I'd have given a simple honest answer.
The bulk of these responses are pathetic prior to the last three before this one.
Another moralizer, preacher of morality...
Did the guy ask if the jacket had any historical interest? Did he ask if it should be preserved?
No, he just asked how much it was worth, without even saying hello.
I answered him (the first): nothing!
Financially.
Apparently, he doesn't care about sentimental value.

As for you and your judgment of finding us pathetic, I return it to you, politely, even if with a certain enthusiasm!

Erwin

Well, blocking any new members posts or removal of these which mods or "elevator leather gimps" find not proper is a big no-no in my opinion.

Just ignoring answering should be good enough.

I remember some very great examples here when people asked about a potential value like this rare Korean war patched jacket but these inquiries about value fir cook pieces are über rare ;)

Pilot

Well, blocking any new members posts or removal of these which mods or "elevator leather gimps" find not proper is a big no-no in my opinion.

Just ignoring answering should be good enough.

I remember some very great examples here when people asked about a potential value like this rare Korean war patched jacket but these inquiries about value fir cook pieces are über rare ;)
Not blocking all… just some…those with no regards to respect of basic social behaviors… those are real never come back “ Eintagsfliegen”…
BTW , where is this author with his super Korea war jacket.?
“Veni vidi vici..”…
Asked for a price here… sold it on crapbay ( the last is understandable since no takers here ).

Last edited:

B-Man2

Isn’t this typical of our time … very few have a sense of humor anymore. Some look for reasons to be offended by anything so they can immediately assume the moral high ground and preach or belittle others .
Obviously this part of my post was overlooked

oi what are you all messing with me :D:oops:
“Yes we are … sorry …”

As was this one …

“Sorry we kidded you about your jacket.
Regards”

As was the response from the poster

“Oh np, how much is it worth”

Seems like the poster wasn’t offended at all, but yet ….
someone who didn’t even attempt to post a response to the gentleman … now wants to sit in judgement of those of us who did post ….and call us all “Pathetic “

With all of the BS going on in the world today
A sense of humor is the one thing that we all need to maintain … sorry “Captain Morality” I’m not pathetic… I suggest the next time this happens …you offer to answer the persons questions and not try to sit in judgement over anyone .

Last edited:

Erwin

Well said B-Man2 a decent sarcasm and sense of humor is always required, not only here ;)

Also must agree with You Pilot@! This rare jacket was sold on EvilBay but conversation between forum members about this piece was interesting.

All the best!