• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found this Avirex leather jacket in my closet, dad got it as a gift from Germany.. How much is it worth?

Flightengineer

I'm embarrassed for most of these replies. The guy comes in asking if it has value for a reason.
It seems like I have to daily say to someone, "we ask questions because WE DONT ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWERS".
Had I seen the OP before all these condescending sarcastic responses, I'd have given a simple honest answer.
The bulk of these responses are pathetic prior to the last three before this one

Oh, come on! For some reason I don't
He didn't even bother to say hello, but immediately asked for the price in the title... he was probably saving electronic ink and his time.
How many of them there were and will be, an endless story...

Pilot

Oh, come on! For some reason I don't
He didn't even bother to say hello, but immediately asked for the price in the title... he was probably saving electronic ink and his time.
How many of them there were and will be, an endless story...
Dmitry, spot on! my words since ages.. Dmitry again… very well said Thankyou.

Skyranger

I'm embarrassed for most of these replies. The guy comes in asking if it has value for a reason.
It seems like I have to daily say to someone, "we ask questions because WE DONT ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWERS".
Had I seen the OP before all these condescending sarcastic responses, I'd have given a simple honest answer.
The bulk of these responses are pathetic prior to the last three before this one.
Another moralizer, preacher of morality...
Did the guy ask if the jacket had any historical interest? Did he ask if it should be preserved?
No, he just asked how much it was worth, without even saying hello.
I answered him (the first): nothing!
Financially.
Apparently, he doesn't care about sentimental value.

As for you and your judgment of finding us pathetic, I return it to you, politely, even if with a certain enthusiasm!